News   Apr 23, 2024
 85     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 324     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Heritage Victorian Home Restoration Resources (continuous list)

This directory by Harbord Village Neighbourhood seems pretty useful.

Harbord Village Directory for Conservators and Restorers of Heritage Properties

The Harbord Village Directory for Conservators and Restorers of Heritage Properties is a 72-page booklet that answers this question with respect to every one of a building's street visible elements, from the chimney top to the garden fence(with roofs, windows, doors, porches, railings and paint colours in between).

The Directory also gives advice to those who would restore their interiors and to those who would recreate Victorian gardens in front of their homes. You need to replace an original Victorian door or window repair a piece of stained glass, turn a wood column or know how to discover the original paint colour of your house? The Directory will tell you how to do it yourself or how to find the expert who can do it for you — and much more.

d/l at http://www.harbordvillage.com/heritagedirectory

By the way I solved my strip flooring issue. You can get narrow oak or other wood strip flooring milled yourself here in Ontario but I ordered through a flooring supplier called Yorkdale Flooring. They only order small quantities though.

Both are technically Georgian, not Victorian.
Not technically, but accurately. In my neighbourhood nearly everyone thinks their house is Victorian, when most homes were designed and constructed in the early 1900s. Just because you use Victorian-esque design cues does not make it a Victorian. Is Swiss Chalet really Swiss?

Back