News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 555     0 

Help Build a Transit City workshop

A

allday

craig-Transit-city.gif

The Toronto Environmental Alliance (TEA) is currently in the midst of a series of community workshops centred on the City/TTC’s Transit City plan for a network of light rail transit (LRT) and bus rapid transit (BRT) lines across the city. (see above image)

Focused on reaching communities in Scarborough, North York and Etobicoke that have been underserved by transit until now, TEA’s workshops were designed to educate citizens, increase public engagement, create discussion and generate support for an improved Transit City plan.

TEA would like to engage Toronto’s knowledgeable transit advocates and enthusiasts in a mini TorontoTransitCamp to bring their perspective to the Transit City plan.

Along with results from the inner suburban workshops, the results of the evening will be compiled into a report that TEA will be submitting to City Council in the spring.

If you’re interested, the mini TorontoTransitCamp will take place:

Thursday, March 8, 2007 from 7-9pm

Committee Room 2 @ Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. West.

Please RSVP with Beth Jones (beth@torontoenvironment.org)

You can take with you a copy of the smartride LRT plan. Its great that people want to reinvent the wheel everytime the wind breezes.

www.lea.ca/services/pdf/2060-fst.pdf

I would amend the map to put LRT along 'hurontario', and complete the sheppard line. I've always wondered why the original planners overlooked this obvious transit corridor (hurontatio).

And with the current GO issues, and with recommended 5-8 minute frequencies of the Smartride LRT plan, I would dot over in blue the lakeshore GO line, and investigate puting an JFK 'airtrain' type elevated rails above the CN tracks.

On a side note, LEA changed their homepage with Toronto and a SRT vehicle.

www.lea.ca/home.asp

I feel like Are Be always reminding of the plan that already exists, that people want to create now from scratch. I guess he was a big anti-Fiberal booster. I am a big smartlrt booster.

Back