Toronto Haven On The Bluffs Condos | 38.71m | 10s | VHL Developments | Master Building

For the retail- it would be ideal to have a bank take up most of the units. The building needs AAA tenants and not 'small' shops.
A Starbucks and a major bank would be amazing. There is only a CIBC on that stretch of Cliffside, so hopefully competition will move in!

There is also a Scotiabank beside the No Frills at Midland and Kingston.

So I emailed the City Planning office to get an update on what is going on, here is the response I got

"The applicant is still in the planning approvals stage and has not moved on to the building and construction stage (in other words the stage when they can pull building permits for the development).

Outstanding steps:

The applicant has to go to Community Council to lift the holding provision 'h' by clearing the condition imposed by Council (2009) related to the design financing and construction of a road which is now an enshrined requirement in by law http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/bylaws/2009/law1224.pdf

A report to Council is required to lift the 'h' once it is appropriate.

(The applicant is currently working hard with staff to get this done)

Once Community Council has made a decision to lift the 'h' but before enactment of the amending by-law to lift the 'h' the applicant based on their proposal, must;

make application to the Committee of Adjustment for the variances they are seeking to the underlying zoning standards.

finalize and execute a Section 37 agreement

The zoning by-law will be put before City Council for enactment once all recommendations in the report have been satisfied.

Should their committee of adjustment minor variance application be approved then Planning can issue the site plan approval (NOAC) which will allow the developer to begin construction, namely receive foundations permits

As it relates to timing hopefully they can get through all of these stages by the mid July.

If you have any further questions please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email reply.

Thanks,

Jeffery C. Sinclair
Planner

Community Planning, Scarborough District

(P) (416) 396-7685

(F) (416) 396-4265
"

Looks like no construction until the summer at the earliest. That will probably push back their anticipated Fall 2016 occupancy.

I highly doubt the 2016 date as well.

I went by this Saturday and was told that plans and drawings for the townhouse are still being finalized. They're hoping to start selling them soon*

*only God knows when "soon" is

I don't even think they can go forward without providing the city with the updated plans with the townhouses. If they don't even have the finalized plans then it may be further into the summer/fall maybe?

Does anyone know how long it takes, on average, to build a condo? 2 years? 3? I'm just trying to figure out if I'll get to move in before 2018.

I would plan for no less than 3 years for pre-construction condos

Diane - your posts have been moved to the Real Estate thread for this project. It's linked near the top of this page. Cheers!

Toronto's Official Plan and Chief Planner Jennifer Keesmaat call for these types of mid-rise buildings to line the Avenues, but this one is taking forever to start construction. I wonder if it's the area? If so, the vision of the Avenues may not materialize in some parts of the city.

Toronto's Official Plan and Chief Planner Jennifer Keesmaat call for these types of mid-rise buildings to line the Avenues, but this one is taking forever to start construction. I wonder if it's the area? If so, the vision of the Avenues may not materialize in some parts of the city.

The rumour/gossip in the 'hood is that it's taking longer than normal to give this the green light because of the new N-S side street being created on the east side of the building. Once those issues are cleared up, it'll start.

I highly doubt the 2016 date as well.
I see on the website the townhouse plans are available now. (I don't know when they showed up there, but I hadn't visited the site in the past month.)

http://www.thebluffs.ca/index.php/prices-plans/townhomes

They start at $356000 for 3 bedrooms and 1062 square feet. Maintenance fees are $0.42 per square foot, so about $450 and up depending upon the size.

I see on the website the townhouse plans are available now. (I don't know when they showed up there, but I hadn't visited the site in the past month.)

http://www.thebluffs.ca/index.php/prices-plans/townhomes

They start at $356000 for 3 bedrooms and 1062 square feet. Maintenance fees are $0.42 per square foot, so about $450 and up depending upon the size.

Did anyone else get the email that occupancy is going to be delayed?
Also, VHL applied for a demolition permit for the Sales Office. Looks like they might start as soon as it is approved.

According to the Website, 6/18 townhouses are sold too.

Please update if you have heard any new news.

The rumour/gossip in the 'hood is that it's taking longer than normal to give this the green light because of the new N-S side street being created on the east side of the building. Once those issues are cleared up, it'll start.

Junior, any updates on this?

I can ask later this week, but will reply in the real estate thread. FYI - I live nearby, haven't seen any movement lately.

News!!! Partial building permit issued. Demolition permit approved June 30th- waiting to be picked up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 404
It looks like Haven on the Bluffs got the last planning permissions it needs to go forward on Tuesday at City Council as an application that included Section 37 benefits for a new public street and improvements to the playground across the street was approved.

Went by around the end of August, and I was told the sales office would be closing (due to the demo of the building it is in) in Sept.

Received the email from the sales team this week, confirmed that the onsite sales office is now closed, as they will be demolishing that building. Went by this past Friday night, and there is construction equipment on the side street raring to go.

Back