Harbour Plaza Residences (Menkes) - Real Estate -

they still have a few units above the 60th floor...are those units no longer worth it due to the premium you pay to live that high up?

Prices are very expensive for the left over units on EAST and WEST Towers on 60+ floors. I am not sure if its worth buying these units with the current price. Any suggestion?

FYI -

East Tower:
Unit 6906, 777 SF, 2Bed (EAST Facing) is $619,990
West Tower:
Unit 6806, 780 SF, 2Bed (EAST Facing) is $580,990

I think it's about the right price... given that it's so high up there... if you peg costs between different buildings (to normalize it to a fixed floor) it's still around the 600+ sq ft range.
So it depends on other factors amenities etc to differentiate it. Does it include parking? How much is maintenance?

It does not include parking/locker. Maintenance is 60cent/SF. Menkes is almost charging 800$/SF for these floors. From EAST view prospective, 1 Yonge (Pinnacle) is planning to build 6 towers on the East with 40 + 70 + 75 + 2x80 + 88 story. This will be blocking the East view from the Harbor Plaza East tower in next 5-6 years once everything is completed :)

I think it's about the right price... given that it's so high up there... if you peg costs between different buildings (to normalize it to a fixed floor) it's still around the 600+ sq ft range.
So it depends on other factors amenities etc to differentiate it. Does it include parking? How much is maintenance?

Dang. Living downtown is expensive... and just to live in a cube at best too!
800$/sq feet is about right... I was interested in Aura a while back and at the 66th floor, it was 788$/sq ft.

i'll never buy here because of the location, but 2 floorplans seem to stand out

The unit with zero wasted corridor space
http://www.harbour-plaza-toronto.ca/surf-a/

The <500sf corner unit
http://www.harbour-plaza-toronto.ca/peir-a/

I never get why developers don't try to give the corners to the larger units... sometimes you see 900sf 3-bedroom units crammed in a deep/narrow space with no windows for 1 or more bedrooms, IN THE SAME FLOOR as tiny wide/shallow units. How do they get anyone to buy the larger unit?

A friend just had PDI of her 1-bed unit in the east tower. She said there are many fire sprinklers inside her unit, about a dozen. Is this the new norm? Don't remember seeing sprinklers inside a condo unit before.

Sprinklers greatly increase the safety of those living in tall buildings. This is a huge step forward in fire safety for condos - your friend can sleep much better. I wish my daughter's building had them - then I could sleep better.

Sprinklers greatly increase the safety of those living in tall buildings. This is a huge step forward in fire safety for condos - your friend can sleep much better. I wish my daughter's building had them - then I could sleep better.

I've also heard horrific flood stories because of false alarms. Another friend lives in a 3-yr old condo, and there's no sprinklers inside his unit, and I don't remember seeing them either, so I asked. Thanks

Hearing a rumour that the residences gym is actually just going to be the pure fitness thats going in the retail and the residences will have to pay a fee to join.... really horrible for residences if true.

Yes, I believe it is the Pure Fitness as well but membership is included as part of your maintenance fee. The gym is scheduled to open mid-late June.

I've also heard horrific flood stories because of false alarms.

Seriously? horrific flood stories are common in condos regardless if there are sprinklers or not. Appreciate the extra safety.

Back