Hamilton Hamilton Line B LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The real question here is, why in the planet do we have to wait until 2023 for construction to get started? Everything is pretty much in order, what in the honest hell are they waiting for?

Ironically we'll most likely have a federal election this year, along with a provincial and municipal election next year. Plenty of opportunity for politicians to screw around with various aspects of this project.

RFQ, RFP all over again? So May 2021 to 2023, including Financial Close?

rws0ac6ajl041.jpg

From link.
Hey, I'll take it! Actually working on the LRT would be a huge step in the right direction from endlessly debating it and having certain councillors actively trying to sabotage it...

RFQ, RFP all over again? So May 2021 to 2023, including Financial Close?
That would make sense, but in this case it really shouldnt take 2 years to get it off the ground even accounting for the RFQ, RFP and closing date. They could easily consolidate the dates into a shorter time frame.

^ Definitely agree. I do wonder if they want to be careful and fully vent all the bidders just to make sure they aren't involved in too many other projects that are taking on more than they can handle. But I'm not a construction industry expert.

^ Definitely agree. I do wonder if they want to be careful and fully vent all the bidders just to make sure they aren't involved in too many other projects that are taking on more than they can handle. But I'm not a construction industry expert.

LOL......pretty sure that's considered a bit rude..........

Maybe just stick to vetting them!

(hey I got caught on a typo today, these things happen)

Media Advisory - Canada and Ontario to make an important transit infrastructure announcement for the City of Hamilton

HAMILTON, ON, May 12, 2021 /CNW/ - Members of the media are invited to attend an important virtual infrastructure event with the Honourable Catherine McKenna, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, the Honourable Filomena Tassi, Minister of Labour and Member of Parliament for Hamilton – West – Ancaster – Dundas, and the Honourable Caroline Mulroney, Ontario Minister of Transportation.
Other representatives in attendance:
  • His Worship Fred Eisenberger, Mayor of Hamilton
  • Joseph Mancinelli, International Vice President, LiUNA
  • Phil Verster, President and CEO of Metrolinx
  • David Farrar, President of McMaster University
  • Rob MacIsaac, President of Hamilton Health Sciences
  • Keanin Loomis, President of the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
  • Michael Lindsay, President and CEO of Infrastructure Ontario
Date:Thursday, May 13, 2021
Time:10:00 am EDT
Zoom event:To attend the virtual event, members of the media are asked to register by sending an email to infc.media.infc@canada.ca.
Livestream:Members of the public are invited to view the live announcement on the Infrastructure Canada's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/InfrastructureCanadaENG/live

SOURCE Infrastructure Canada

Back