Hamilton Hamilton Line B LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

This is good news in the sense that it's the first time the Province has confirmed they would even be willing to consider bringing the LRT back..
I worry in that it’s the same messaging the government has been using around the Ontario Line (we’re waiting for the Feds!) It feels like a strategy to wash their hands clean of the situation.

In all fairness though, I’ve no idea what’s going on behind the scenes. I think Hamilton would benefit from an LRT, and would love to see one built.

I worry in that it’s the same messaging the government has been using around the Ontario Line (we’re waiting for the Feds!) It feels like a strategy to wash their hands clean of the situation.

In all fairness though, I’ve no idea what’s going on behind the scenes. I think Hamilton would benefit from an LRT, and would love to see one built.

Ford does not want to admit that the province is financially broke and needs a bunch of new taxes to pay for everything even before he adds stuff.

The call for Federal money is interesting - in that if the money appeared, Ford would have little room to express opposition. On the other hand, if Ottawa says no, Ford is off the hook and he can blame Ottawa for the deal falling through. Clearly not something he is willing to go to the mat for. I guess that’s what one expect for an NDP riding.

- Paul

Back