Hamilton Hamilton Line B LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Who would've thought, that a top Union official would have a larger hand in getting the Hamilton LRT built than the mayor of Hamilton himself. I'm sorry but Eisenburger has been almost next to useless in Hamilton's LRT saga. On the other hand, at least he's not Bratina who was an even bigger joke of mayor.

What can Eisenburger do in this situation?

Do you remember John Tory and road tolls? Municipalities are creatures of the province.
Much more than what he's been doing for the past 10+ years on this file. Start off with a wide-spread educational campaign to inform residents about what the LRT is really about for starters. There hasnt ever been a peep about what LRT can really do for the city from the City of Hamilton officially, so people have been allowed to draw their own conclusions and make up fantasy information about it (ie: Bob Bratina and Donna Skelly style false information).

Eisenburger has done squat for Hamilton when it comes to transit. He cant even simply improve and reform the bus system in the city for crying out loud.

Here’s a small update on this from the 2020-2021 Metrolinx Business Plan. An Initial Business Case will be completed.

View attachment 252391
This is relevant here. (The last point in the image.)

The 2020-2021 Metrolinx Business Plan reiterates that task force's recommendations are being reviewed "that can fully or partially supported by the Province's $1B capital funding commitment".
They really do seem to push for other levels of government to pitch in funding the project.

^ Important to note Ford has an anti-LRT former Councillor in his caucus and LPC has an anti-LRT former Mayor in their caucus. So unfortunately there is still internal resistance that needs to be overcome. I hope it happens.

So, now that the feds are openly saying they're ready to drop serious coin on this, will Ford still choose to remain the only obstacle?
I don't see why so, as the whole shenanigan largely began because the province didn't want to pick up the whole tab for the LRT (same with the francophone university).

I can see Ford just stating that the money is Hamilton's to 'decide on'.

Last edited:
^ Important to note Ford has an anti-LRT former Councillor in his caucus and LPC has an anti-LRT former Mayor in their caucus. So unfortunately there is still internal resistance that needs to be overcome. I hope it happens.
For those who dont know, he's referring to Donna Skelly and Bob Bratina. Two laughable politicians in their own right.

Bob Bratina is a back-bencher with little influence on cabinet decisions at the Federal level and with the Federal Minister of Infrastructure Catherine McKenna indicating it's the only shovel ready project in Hamilton that would seem to indicate that the Feds might just throw some money at it.

Honestly it's unusual for a federal minister to comment so much like this on a matter like this. Typically the Province leads the decisions on projects and the feds simply provide funding.

The province is the real decision maker here - these comments likely just mean that the feds will be willing to give money to the project. Hopefully the province pulls through.

Honestly it's unusual for a federal minister to comment so much like this on a matter like this. Typically the Province leads the decisions on projects and the feds simply provide funding.

The province is the real decision maker here - these comments likely just mean that the feds will be willing to give money to the project. Hopefully the province pulls through.
Is it that unusual when they are looking for shovel ready projects for the economic recovery stimulus spending?

Feds to Ford:

1595957254344.png

Back