News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 637     0 

Grand Touring Automobiles (777 Dundas St E, 4s, Plaston Architect) COMPLETE

What does Tory have to do with it? Given the location, residential would probably have a somewhat difficult time selling here. Not that I love there being a showroom here, but the owner made the application they saw fit.

Just so weird to have it just over the Don from the Mercedes showroom, and both beside a streetcar line. That's John Tory's Toronto, I guess...

I get what downlingm is saying. Car dealerships are not exactly the urban, pedestrian-oriented type of use one would hope to see developed on a streetcar line in the central city. That's completely fair. But I'm not bothered because I see this as an interim use. This site has been vacant for eons, most recently having been used as a construction staging area for the revitalization of Don Mount Court. This dealership is a huge step forward. At some point, it will be further intensified once there is the market for it. This area is still a bit sketchy, so I think a Grand Touring Automobiles dealership is a step in the right direction. Emphasis on the word "step".

Dealerships downtown seem to be setting up more permanent shops around the DVP. The streetcar developments project will feature 2 different dealerships in its base.. Car dealerships have always been a part of eastern downtown, and will continue to be, so its best we try and find how to best integrate them into the area.

I'd rather see the ravine banks restored. The Don mouth restoration will be nice and all, but it's unfortunate how the valley gets cut off south of Riverdale Park.

A fair bit of digging and shoring and probably other -ing words. (Taken yesterday afternoon).

Car Dealership1.jpg
Car Dealership2.jpg

Attachments

• Car Dealership1.jpg
    Car Dealership1.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 1,225
  • Car Dealership2.jpg
    Car Dealership2.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 1,283
This has come a long way from a barren lot less than a year ago.

GrandT1.jpg

GrandT2.jpg

GrandT3.jpg

GrandT4.jpg

GrandT5.jpg

GrandT6.jpg

GrandT7.jpg

Attachments

• GrandT1.jpg
    GrandT1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 709
  • GrandT2.jpg
    GrandT2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 868
  • GrandT3.jpg
    GrandT3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 701
  • GrandT4.jpg
    GrandT4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 788
  • GrandT5.jpg
    GrandT5.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 764
  • GrandT6.jpg
    GrandT6.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 798
  • GrandT7.jpg
    GrandT7.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 709
Today's update. Fairly impressive scale, mere metres from the north-bound DVP.

GT1.jpg

GT2.jpg

GT3.jpg

GT4.jpg
GT5.jpg

Attachments

• GT1.jpg
    GT1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 556
  • GT2.jpg
    GT2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 654