1.2K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 9.7K     3 

Grand Touring Automobiles (777 Dundas St E, 4s, Plaston Architect) COMPLETE

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I do not think a thread exists for this project, corner of Dundas East and Carroll Street (immediately west of Don Valley Parkway. ) The proposal is still 'under study" but they are already doing some site work and boring.

777 DUNDAS ST E
Ward 30 - Tor & E.York District

777 DUNDAS ST E

Site Plan approval to construct a 4-storey (17 m) cantilevered automobile dealership with related retail, office and industrial uses. The building would include an office mezzanine, with three terraced showrooms on the west side. Due to the decrease in grade westward towards the Don Valley Parkway (DVP), the building would generally have a 2-storey appearance along Dundas St E and Carroll St, and a 4-storey appearance along the DVP. Note: the current applicant has a Purchase and Sale Agreement for the site (see submission cover letter).
Proposed Use Non-Residential # of Storeys 4 # of Units 0
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 13 210727 STE 30 SA Jul 25, 2013 Under Review

Renderings:

156935-.jpg

Attachments

• 156935-.jpg
    156935-.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,857
I don't mind it either. It's no funky Mini showroom (on Eastern) but it's no suburban white box with a vast parking lot either. The DVP side is arguably sleeker than the Carroll St. view. And some proceeds from a Lamborghini and a few Bentley's towards a richer cladding/glass would be nice. ;-)

Ah, I wonder if that explains the stuff going on at that site when I passed it the other day. Unfortunately it was after sunset and I was driving so couldn't get a good look. The large metal thingys sticking up might have been related to soil testing?

Ah, I wonder if that explains the stuff going on at that site when I passed it the other day. Unfortunately it was after sunset and I was driving so couldn't get a good look. The large metal thingys sticking up might have been related to soil testing?

They're beyond soil testing now, the equipment on site is for shoring. Construction has begun.

Just so weird to have it just over the Don from the Mercedes showroom, and both beside a streetcar line. That's John Tory's Toronto, I guess...

Back