Toronto Grand Avenue Park | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

But those who control them seem very reticent to let them go...
They do know there’s something called ‘inflation’, and that land values in Toronto increase, causing their purchasing power to inexorably drop over time, right?

I mean, I’m all for deferring purchases until they make sense, but simply sitting on cash isn’t a very smart move unless there’s an actual plan in mind.

They do know there’s something called ‘inflation’, and that land values in Toronto increase, causing their purchasing power to inexorably drop over time, right?

I see no evidence of such awareness.

I mean, I’m all for deferring purchases until they make sense, but simply sitting on cash isn’t a very smart move unless there’s an actual plan in mind.

There are many of us who would tend to agree. Were those funds widely leveraged, a lot could be accomplished.

To be fair, some of the money has been spent; but many of us feel there have been too many wasted opportunities while those who mind the funds come up with reasons to hoard them.

Can money that's been set aside for purchasing land for parks also be used to build-out the park, eg. a bike trail that would have to go through several existing parks to get to the expropriated land? I'd be surprised...

Can money that's been set aside for purchasing land for parks also be used to build-out the park, eg. a bike trail that would have to go through several existing parks to get to the expropriated land? I'd be surprised...

Depends on which reserve you want to dip into, LOL

Ask and he shall receive (sometimes)

1701354411535.png

1701354444602.png

Post 1999 funds: (the vast majority)

1701354494261.png

1701354517812.png

1701354551264.png

There's a few more of these, then we get some specific area ones, such as this:

1701354643623.png

Broadly speaking, parkland acquisition funds can be used for park improvements; though there are policies and rules..... LOL

I just had a look at some old PF&R project budgets.

S.42 (parkland acquisition reserves) paid in whole, or in part, for the re-do of College Park, Improvements to Harbour Square Park, and conversion of a wading pool to a splash pad among other things.

While I'd have to double check, I don't see why a bike path wouldn't qualify.

Last edited:
Expansion of this park is the budget:

1705027554550.png

I'm not sure why phase 1 and phase 3 have funds flowing in the same year................

1705027629895.png

Is drunk accounting a thing?

How can the park expand? To me, it seems to take up the full available parcel of land here...
It's the section south of the Phoenix condo, and east towards where Legion Road will continue under the rail track that is phase three. I thought they'd wait on that until things got going on Legion Road, but maybe not...

I'm not sure what remains to be done on phase one. It's certainly functional already.

Back