News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 788     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Google Maps: Toronto in 3D!

Hamilton is now in 3D. Not Burlington, Oakville, or the rest of Mississauga yet though. I thought they would do that all in one shot.

Toronto-Hamilton corridor (even Milton) now updated to 3D. Also up to past Newmarket to fill the Barrie coverage gap. Only have to finish the gap between Hamilton and St. Catherines (As well as to the exurban satellites like Georgetown, Bolton, etc.) to complete the GH. Don't know if Google will ever do that though.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, I found this MASSIVE parking lot in Milton that must contain thousands of vehicles. I heard it might be a repossessed car lot for the whole GTA.

miltoncars.png

Attachments

• miltoncars.png
    miltoncars.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,525
Just me or did Humber Bay Shores 3D map update?

Eau du Soleil is nearly built, Key West on Park Lawn is filled in, and the Kraft Bakery site is demolished. I don't see other changes in other areas however.

Has anyone been able to access the Street View archives over the last week or so?

It's been strangely disabled on my versions of Google Maps so far.

Has anyone been able to access the Street View archives over the last week or so?

It's been strangely disabled on my versions of Google Maps so far.
Been having the same problem on both PC and Mac, with various different browsers

Eau du Soleil is nearly built, Key West on Park Lawn is filled in, and the Kraft Bakery site is demolished. I don't see other changes in other areas however.
Google finally updated their downtown 3d imagery to summer 2017 (previously was summer 2014), and a lot of the west end got updated to summer 2018, including Humber Bay.

Saw the google street view car go by while walking by CAMH. If you see a dude waving while eating a sandwich it’s me!

Apparently apple maps is also starting to record its own street view, one of my friends saw one of their cars drive by.

I've noticed that Yonge+Eglinton has been updated to around the same time-frame as Humber Bay Shores area.

Back