News   Apr 18, 2024
 668     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

GO Transit: Union Station Shed Replacement & Track Upgrades (Zeidler)

So, the colour for those bulkheads is grey, and the turquoise is just protective covering until the installation is complete?
Yes, it's like those protective films you have to peel off your new smartphones, cameras, and gadgets.

Time to unbox the whole Union station! We've been waiting over 10 years. Less construction hoarding. More shiny please. :D

Last edited:
Yes, it's like those protective films you have to peel off your new smartphones, cameras, and gadgets.

Time to unbox the whole Union station! We've been waiting over 10 years. Less construction hoarding. More shiny please. :D

Just look up the "new" roof - it's about as shiny as when they tore it down. Only in this town will we get all ga-ga about lights getting put up in a train station.

AoD

To be fair, I meant "unbox the whole station already, please, pretty please, with sugar on top" ;)

</5 year old impatiently waiting for Christmas Day, witnessing the "first giftwrap" arriving>

NOTICE - Demolition/Reconstruction of Yonge Street Bridge Trainman Walkway beginning, Tuesday, October 15, 2019

From Tuesday, October 15 to Friday, October 25, 2019 Metrolinx will be performing nighttime construction work on the Yonge Street Bridge from 8:00pm – 5:00am, Monday through Friday. Although a daytime work schedule was initially proposed, a collaborative study assessed that due to the need for specific and increased safety conditions on, under and around the bridge, it was deemed not feasible, and therefore not recommended.

Work will involve demolition and reconstruction of a new rail-side trainman walkway on the south side of the bridge.
Noise associated with this work will include:
  • saw cutting,
  • banging, jack-hammering
  • low frequency humming, and
  • back-up beepers.

Metrolinx has communicated to all contracted work teams that due diligence must be exercised at all times. A wet saw cutter will be used to reduce noise considerably.

^ Where is the Train man Walkway portion of the bridge? I can't picture it.
They say: "Work will involve demolition and reconstruction of a new rail-side trainman walkway on the south side of the bridge. " I assume it is at the edge and was/is to allow train crews to walk safely off the tracks - we need an aerial photo!

^ thanks, I see what you're referring to.

Platform closures will finally end on October 30 (for now, at least)

Starting Wednesday, October 30, some Lakeshore West, Kitchener, Stouffville and Lakeshore East weekday afternoon rush-hour trips will depart from different platforms now that we're done enhancing safety and communication features at Union Station.

We've added new tactile yellow tile and installing infrastructure for brighter platform lighting, new electronic signage and PA systems. This fall you’ll begin to see these new features up and running in the train shed.

Back