News   Apr 24, 2024
 451     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 629     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 506     0 

GO Transit: Union Station Shed Replacement & Track Upgrades (Zeidler)

Platform changes coming February 13:
https://www.gotransit.com/en/the-future-go/improvements/union-station-revitalization/platformchanges

Platforms 11&12 are opening, but not sure which ones are closing next. According to one of the slide decks for the latest Mx board meeting, they are currently in the second last stage of platform closures. I'm assuming the Feb 13 configuration will be the last one.
Update: Platform 6/7 is closed since Wednesday. Hopefully it's the last platform closure.

Update: Platform 6/7 is closed since Wednesday. Hopefully it's the last platform closure.
For the current project perhaps.

But surely, that will put an entire department out of work at Metrolinx. They are likely thinking up an entire new plan to rebuild the platforms yet again, or order to preserve their employment ... :)

Shot of the shed lighting along the platforms from today:

1fR4v01.jpg

I’m always the last to notice - but - got off a trainon Platform 3 today and was pleasantly surprised by the lighting. Are these new fixtures? It actually felt bright and cheerful. Never thought I’d say that about this reno.

- Paul
Lighting on Platform 3 has been done for some time. But yes, it's probably the brightest platform at Union now.

The heritage lighting was intstalled in 2015

It doesn’t surprise me that I never knew this.

What surprises me is that the lamps, going on four years old, aren’t covered in a layer of grime.

They sure look new. I’m all the more impressed if the platform is being kept bright. It’s a harsh environment to keep presentable.

- Paul

It doesn’t surprise me that I never knew this.

What surprises me is that the lamps, going on four years old, aren’t covered in a layer of grime.

They sure look new. I’m all the more impressed if the platform is being kept bright. It’s a harsh environment to keep presentable.

- Paul
Yeah, they still look quite nice and clean. The glass atrium on the other hand... I believe there is supposed to be a system to keep it clean. It is also supposed to be illuminated.

Any idea when the green roof on top of the shed is supposed to be constructed? This is one of the features I've been looking forward to the most. I hope it hasn't been axed.

Back