News   Sep 28, 2021
 250     0 
News   Sep 28, 2021
 397     0 
News   Sep 27, 2021
 3.8K     6 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Urban Sky

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think it has to do with track slots. And that train needs to be in Toronto by 9:16.
The first westbound train arrives Kitchener at 11:28. Therefore, all morning trains originating from Kitchener come straight from layover and the only timetable constraint in deciding which train(s) to extend back to London appears to be the presence of train 84...

ARG1

Member Bio
Reaction score
Apologies if someone has already noted this, but I just noticed that the diagram on Metrolinx's Southwestern Ontario GO Train page shows the trains running non-stop from Union to Bramalea.

London-North-Corridor-Map-Stations-202108.png

This is a relief since it means that the trains will slightly less painfully slow than they otherwise could have been.

Based on this clue, I'm guessing that they will extend the last AM express train and first PM express train. There are two ways they could go about this:

Option A: extend existing trips
View attachment 351645
View attachment 351646

Option B: New express trips
View attachment 351647
View attachment 351650

Although they may initially do option A (existing trips), I think they would eventually need to switch to option B (new trips), at least in the PM, because I don't think the 6-car London trains could handle the passenger demand from a 16:19 express departure from Union once ridership starts returning to normal.
Looks like GO is heading one step closer to replicating their proposed GO RER service express services.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
How many days a year is the Stratford Festival? How many days a year do office workers commute?

We have to go back to 2019 to see how the Festival might run in a typical year......now, best as I can tell that was their longest season ever, it ran mid-April the end of October/first week of November.

Since Stratford typically runs performances six days per week, that would be upwards of 170 performance days, that compares to 260 weekdays, - 10 or so for Stat. Holidays or about 250 commute days.

So, there certainly are more commute days; but Stratford is a potentially lucrative source of traffic for the right transportation provider. Running 3-4 theatres, close to 5,000 people on peak traffic days.

Whether GO is the right provider is a different question.

Last edited: