News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 788     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

So apparently no more 6 car consists are being used?

Wasn't MX goal with GO from now on to run shorter trains that are more frequent?

This is correct. In fact, looking back at the consist sheets, it looks like they haven't scheduled one for service since the middle of September.

While yes, they do want to get into a position where they are running more trains more often, I suspect that until they get the staffing situation sorted out that running fewer, longer trains is going to be the best option to meet the capacity requirements.

Dan

I suspect that until they get the staffing situation sorted out that running fewer, longer trains is going to be the best option to meet the capacity requirements.

Dan
Speaking of the staffing situation, I have been wondering what GO will do with 200-214 once they do indeed return to service. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't their cab controls reactivated due to GO wanting to run more trains and needing more cab cars for it? If that's the case then how would they be used if they aren't running as frequent of trains and adding extra consists?

Speaking of the staffing situation, I have been wondering what GO will do with 200-214 once they do indeed return to service. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't their cab controls reactivated due to GO wanting to run more trains and needing more cab cars for it? If that's the case then how would they be used if they aren't running as frequent of trains and adding extra consists?
Just because they're not needed now doesn't mean they can't be used in the future.

You know for someone who supposedly "works for GO", this sounds more like some 10 year old foamer who thinks that GO only serves to entertain railfans and is not an actual public service.
Lmao I'm Married, so I can't be "10" and by the way I hope you never saw a 10 year old married. I'm thinking of kids tho, but I will have to adopt because I lost the ability in an accident when I was 21.

Last edited:
No it was a 1996 chevy cavalier coupe green. The steering wheel disconnected and loss of control made me slam into a truck, causing the "disconnected steering wheel" to push into me. It was scary. I wrecked my first car tho it was sad she was actually efficient.

I hate to see Canada turn European if go transit buys these ugly trains that have stupid high pitch trumpet horns.
Canada needs to be more European in regards to transit. ”World-leading North American transit” hasn’t existed since the 1950s. GO Transit will inevitably become more European with DB designing OnCorr.

I’m trying to not be petty, but due to your obsession with horns, I hope GO’s new trains sound like something out of the Netherlands.

You know for someone who supposedly "works for GO", this sounds more like some 10 year old foamer who thinks that GO only serves to entertain railfans and is not an actual public service.
Unfortunately quite a bit of foamers think that the railways only purpose is to entertain them...

I have 10 unread messages from various foamers to my personal facebook asking me to stop sending GE ACs on the Halton, Kingston or Bala...

Unfortunately quite a bit of foamers think that the railways only purpose is to entertain them...

I have 10 unread messages from various foamers to my personal facebook asking me to stop sending GE ACs on the Halton, Kingston or Bala...
And how do they think you have literally any control over that.

A few other people and I are waiting eagerly for Metrolinx to buy the Guelph Subdivision, foamers hate the GO trains that run on it and once it's renamed to the Metrolinx Guelph Sub, it'll really rub it into them.

Last edited:

Back