News   Mar 28, 2024
 170     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

Honestly I think GO should go with battery powered locomotives instead. they look more train like than these rapid light rail looking things.

Why on god's green earth would you use battery powered locomotives when Metrolinx is electrifying the lines?

And they are called Electric Multiple Units. You know, some of us want to escape the 1970s...

The Zurich S-Bahn (train on the left) is one of the best run passenger rail networks on earth.

Why on god's green earth would you use battery powered locomotives when Metrolinx is electrifying the lines?

And they are called Electric Multiple Units. You know, some of us want to escape the 1970s...

The Zurich S-Bahn (train on the left) is one of the best run passenger rail networks on earth.
Still I think hydrogen and battery locomotives look better in my opinion.

also they don't in danger the wildlife like birds for example if they were to land on a power line they would die.
WHAT?!?!?!?!??!?!!?

1667780585389.png

Battery powered vehicles are a technology in its infancy, while locomotives that run on electrical wires have been a thing for almost 100 years. It would be abysmally foolish of GO to GO for the experimental technology instead of the proven one.

Battery powered vehicles are a technology in its infancy, while locomotives that run on electrical wires have been a thing for almost 100 years. It would be abysmally foolish of GO to GO for the experimental technology instead of the proven one.
I mean, Canadian National purchased battery powered locomotives.

Back