News   Mar 28, 2024
 151     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 595     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 366     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

Yeah from a railfan perspective I prefer the Old Cab Cars design wise to the CEM ones, but that's just it, from a railfan perspective .

The CEMs are obviously better for crews and safety, and I would not want to have a horrible accident that could potentially result in mass injury, or worse death, just to have more old cab cars in service.

Stadler KISS or Alstom Coradia Duplex?

SBB_RABe_511_als_S12_in_Effretikon_%28cropped%29.jpg
49067583367_bf44caf9d4_b.jpg

How would you define ''look more train like''? And why battery locomotives specifically?
battery locomotives don't necessarily need overhead lines or the 3rd rail to work, and in case of a blackout these locomotives will still run unlike (pure electric locomotives). also they don't in danger the wildlife like birds for example if they were to land on a power line they would die.

battery locomotives do necessarily need overhead lines or the 3rd rail to work, and in case of blackout these locomotives will still run unlike (pure electric locomotives). also they don't in danger the wildlife like birds for example if they were to land on a power line they would die.
Considering most of Europe and the east coast of the United States runs fine, I don’t think GO will need to tap into a relatively new type of locomotive technology.

Also, I thought you “worked” for GO, shouldn’t you be able to override what they buy and change GO Expansion to be battery or hydrogen? Lol.

Considering most of Europe and the east coast of the United States runs fine, I don’t think GO will need to tap into a relatively new type of locomotive technology.

Also, I thought you “worked” for GO, shouldn’t you be able to override what they buy and change GO Expansion to be battery or hydrogen? Lol.
I do work for them, I am allowed to share my opinion about what go transit should use. my co-workers share opinions too.

Back