News   Apr 18, 2024
 310     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     4 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

Surely they'll be an all-new third livery.

They'd have to fire the branding staff if they didn't change all the fonts and colour-schemes every 4-5 years ...
Thank you for the answer, SaugeenJunction didn't answer it for me. Instead SaugeenJunction said I think you known the answer to this question.

Thank you for the answer, SaugeenJunction didn't answer it for me. Instead SaugeenJunction said I think you known the answer to this question.
And yet I was being sarcastic - in reality, I don't know the answer. Though I'd think the answer would be shades of green.

I wonder if the ”other” equipment means the F59s too. With Metrolinx stating they will be around for a while longer, they could get the dual-green treatment.

I was teasing you, all in good fun! They will absolutely be re-painted in the current “dual-green” livery. I see this tender as “finishing the re-brand”.

Shocked that it took so long to come

You are forgetting the history. When ML introduced the new livery, the question that was widely asked was, why?

The then-Premier, Kathleen Wynne, went on record that there would be no wasteful repainting of anything that didn’t need a new coat of paint. Rebranding would only happen gradually as each coach required it and was going to be repainted anyways.

We all have our personal preferences for new vs old, but in my view that assurance - based on taxpayer pushback to ML’s apparent willingness to rebrand whenever it felt like it - ought to be respected. If that makes things look a bit ragtag, well… call me cheap, but there’s a cultural issue at Ml that remains to be enforced.

- Paul

All sorts of organizations that have a corporate look on their vehicle or employees change it out on a maintenance interval/replacement basis. How long it takes depends on the platform. I imagine Toronto Police might have the odd white car still kicking around. For GO to re-paint in the old livery would be bizarre.

If that makes things look a bit ragtag, well… call me cheap, but there’s a cultural issue at Ml that remains to be enforced.

I don't really think that the general public cares very much, or at all, about whether GO's consists look ragtag or not. This seems to be a phenomenon that only transportation and urbanist nerds like us would pay attention to. As a railfan and photographer I have my own personal preferences, but when I'm just a regular passenger I couldn't care if the coach was painted vomit green or Pepto Bismol pink as long as it was in good repair and had functioning climate control. I suspect if you polled most of the people waiting for the GO train on any given train platform, you'd get similar responses.

I can't help but feel that the money that will be spent to mass repaint the remaining old livery coaches could have been used more constructively.

Last edited:
I wonder what will happen with those deactivated old cab cars that aren't due yet for refurbishment, the ones in the 215-241 batch. Will they get repainted into the standard coach paint scheme? But if they then get reactivated like the 200-214 batch, would they get the cab car livery but kept midset until they are reactivated?

Supposedly the London Train rn is 10 cars with dual F59s

I believe this is the first time in nearly half a decade F59s were used on a 10 car train (not counting the L10L consists would bring it closer to a full decade)

Back