News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 638     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

Is there a link to the photo of the entire car?
If there is one, it would have been posted by now. No is the answer at this time.

There are a few of the old cabs painted in new colours in the system and have to look for them.,

Is there a link to the photo of the entire car?
EF37C4D0-4925-4E1B-B2CE-91127EEF060D.jpeg

Credit Patrick McKie. From April evidently and a different car.

Interesting that no numbers were painted. Before the cars were considered to be reactivated there was a possibility that they would be renumbered into the 29xx series. But now will they retain their original numbers or be renumbered?
I believe that GO cabs are numbered with three digits and coaches with four, so I think these would be their original three digit numbers.

The question I have is which coach is it?

15 of them were sent, numbered from 200-214.

Only about 5 or 6 cars have been sent up thus far. The total contract is for those first 15, with an option to do the rest of the 42 first generation old cab cars.

Interesting that no numbers were painted. Before the cars were considered to be reactivated there was a possibility that they would be renumbered into the 29xx series. But now will they retain their original numbers or be renumbered?

Numbers - which are stickers - and other warning decals are about about the last thing that get put on the cars prior to being completed. Paint gets done, then windows to seal the exterior, then the inside bits....

Dan

I Wonder why they are even refurbishing the Old Cab Cars, Metrolinx said they would use the Crash Energy Management Cab Cars.
My guess is that they want to ramp up diesel service before electrification and the EMUs arrive. Far easier, quicker, and cheaper to fix up some old cab cars than buy new ones.

^ I realize the Metrolinx logo is there. I was referring to the new logo which appears to have started to be used some time in 2017.

"Metrolinx’s old circular logo is being replaced with a more austere symbol of intersecting lines. The agency has also ditched its green-and-white colour scheme in favour of a “reduced core colour palette” of black and white, which will be applied to signs, employee uniforms and agency publications."

1629400657979.png

It's being used on the new LRVs for example.

1629400641087.png

Back