News   Feb 01, 2023
 426     0 
News   Feb 01, 2023
 4.1K     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

gotransitboyhere

Member Bio
Reaction score
Considering most of Europe and the east coast of the United States runs fine, I don’t think GO will need to tap into a relatively new type of locomotive technology.

Also, I thought you “worked” for GO, shouldn’t you be able to override what they buy and change GO Expansion to be battery or hydrogen? Lol.
I do work for them, I am allowed to share my opinion about what go transit should use. my co-workers share opinions too.

LemonCondo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Honestly I think GO should go with battery powered locomotives instead. they look more train like than these rapid light rail looking things.

Why on god's green earth would you use battery powered locomotives when Metrolinx is electrifying the lines?

And they are called Electric Multiple Units. You know, some of us want to escape the 1970s...

The Zurich S-Bahn (train on the left) is one of the best run passenger rail networks on earth.

gotransitboyhere

Member Bio
Reaction score
Why on god's green earth would you use battery powered locomotives when Metrolinx is electrifying the lines?

And they are called Electric Multiple Units. You know, some of us want to escape the 1970s...

The Zurich S-Bahn (train on the left) is one of the best run passenger rail networks on earth.
Still I think hydrogen and battery locomotives look better in my opinion.

T3G

Member Bio
Reaction score
also they don't in danger the wildlife like birds for example if they were to land on a power line they would die.
WHAT?!?!?!?!??!?!!?

1667780585389.png

T3G

Member Bio
Reaction score
Battery powered vehicles are a technology in its infancy, while locomotives that run on electrical wires have been a thing for almost 100 years. It would be abysmally foolish of GO to GO for the experimental technology instead of the proven one.

gotransitboyhere

Member Bio
Reaction score
Battery powered vehicles are a technology in its infancy, while locomotives that run on electrical wires have been a thing for almost 100 years. It would be abysmally foolish of GO to GO for the experimental technology instead of the proven one.
I mean, Canadian National purchased battery powered locomotives.