News   Apr 23, 2024
 472     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 379     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 629     0 

GO Transit Electrification | Metrolinx

Found on the new GO pages for GO expansion related to union station i found this interesting tidbit:

"Within the trainshed, the OCS will be installed in the form of a Rigid Overhead Conductor Rail ("rigid rail"). The rigid rail was selected for the trainshed because of its low vertical clearance requirement. "

Capture.PNG

Found on the new GO pages for GO expansion related to union station i found this interesting tidbit:

"Within the trainshed, the OCS will be installed in the form of a Rigid Overhead Conductor Rail ("rigid rail"). The rigid rail was selected for the trainshed because of its low vertical clearance requirement. "

Not really a surprise, but good to see it confirmed. Thanks!

Let me put out yet another proposal for demoing hydrogen SENSIBLY.

Convert Ottawa's airport spur from opening day.

Considering the number of MP’s particularly those from the GTA who insist on taking the plane to and from their constituency, when they can ride free on VIA, that’s an interesting suggestion....

- Paul

I know your suggestion is made in jest. But the Trillium Line would be a great contender for trying out an HEMU or BEMU.

This make total sense which is what I stated years ago.

Build the catenary free overhead charges at stations along smaller newer routes like Trillium and UP and see how they work. Ditto for hydrogen refueling stations. The relatively very small amount it would cost could end up saving billions. I am willing to bet Alstom or Siemens would be willing to loan such vehicles for next to nothing in order to showcase their trains in NA.

If neither system is workable or efficient then fine and they have found this out at a very low cost. If both work well they could save billions by not having to spend time and money on catenary infrastructure.

They can ride free on VIA?

From the 'Member's Allowances and Services Manual'

Train: VIA Rail Canada provides Members with free rail pass privileges. VIA Rail also provides Members’ spouses and dependants with a preferred rate (50% discount) for any rail ticket fare. For more information, contact VIA Rail Canada.

Back