News   Apr 19, 2024
 848     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 658     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

GO Transit Electrification | Metrolinx

^ They answer the top ten questions live at the town hall, and then a few weeks after the town hall provide written answers to every question received. You can see the example of this from the March 2019 townhall in Kitchener.

https://www.metrolinxengage.com/en/engagement-initiatives/ask-metrolinx

Wow, that's abysmal participation. Most of them have just a few votes.
It is abysmal, but the website is very slow, the hurdles to participate high, I was already a member, and yet had to re-apply to vote, and there's always the nagging feeling that it's an exercise in futility.

I went to to vote there today on one issue, ended up voting up a number of other ones, so many excellent questions are being posed.

Frankly, I'd be surprised to see answers on only a fraction of those, and even then just the ones 'blessed' by Father Ford. I've found Verster to be 'less than accurate' in his statements of late. I'm being kind...

^ The in-person participation at the Kitchener town hall was pretty good. Apparently there were 100 people there. I think that's pretty good - or rather typical - for a public meeting, generally speaking, on topics.

Well lets hope a clear statement will be made next month because the amount of time Metrolinx has taken to make any decision is outrageous and an affront to all Toronto transit riders.

Well lets hope a clear statement will be made next month because the amount of time Metrolinx has taken to make any decision is outrageous and an affront to all Toronto transit riders.
Some are actually starting to question it....but there's arguments over the meaning of 'gullible' within the ranks of persons who do as they're told...

Meaning - next month they will ask the Province for money? Versus next month the Province will make its decision whether to advance the money?

Versus, next month ML will decide whether to study how much more they will need to study before they ask the Province for money, or not ?,

- Paul
none of the above, it's already approved

That said, I can wait until next month for clarification.
Well, at least the latest excuse. I'm pushing the issue, but some still believe what they're told, but at some point, the majority are going to finally 'get it'.

What astounds me is that some still believe the gibberish, and then expect others to. It's almost religious fervour...

Back