News   Apr 23, 2024
 427     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

GO Transit detailed track maps?

isittimetomoveyet

Member Bio
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is an official map from GO transit or the Government of Ontario showing the addition of the third mainline track between Port Credit and Oakville?

I've got a mean bet going on with the wife, and I need something official showing the third track being added on the north side of the existing tracks and platforms being accomodated for such.

Many, many, many thanks in advance.

According to drum118 and my own eyewitness reports, the track is going in on the north side. The station at Oakville is going to be moved/demolished to accommodate it.

I'll keep my eyes open for a map.

How much was the bet?

Thanks RedRocket, believe it or not, we BOTH ride the train into Toronto each day, and yet, she just doesn't believe they are moving the station to accommodate the track, and she says she wants explicit proof, bitch! ;)

Urban, yes, as dumb as it may seem, we made a bet on the location of the tracks. I think initially she was just trying to get me riled up, but then I just had to prove her wrong!

The bet was for um... nothing specific ;)

Thanks RedRocket, believe it or not, we BOTH ride the train into Toronto each day, and yet, she just doesn't believe they are moving the station to accommodate the track, and she says she wants explicit proof, bitch! ;)

Urban, yes, as dumb as it may seem, we made a bet on the location of the tracks. I think initially she was just trying to get me riled up, but then I just had to prove her wrong!

The bet was for um... nothing specific ;)

Look out the window on the north side and you will see 3 new bridges going in now. You cannot miss the one at Port Credit. There are still 2 more bridges to be built yet.

The trees have been cut down between Oakville and Clarkson.

Go up to youtube.com and type GO and transitdrum118 and you will find the video's that I have shot from Aldershot to Port Credit the last month.

As of a week ago, nothing has started between Clarkson and Port Credit and this section has major retaining walls to be build and fill brought in to grade the area. This section is going to be 18 months to 2 years behind schedule when completed.

Look out the window on the north side and you will see 3 new bridges going in now. You cannot miss the one at Port Credit. There are still 2 more bridges to be built yet.
Out of curiosity, what are the five bridges? The only ones that I can think of are:

1. Mississauga Road: Already U/C which is causing havoc on traffic during the rush hour and putting the 8 behind schedule.

2. Southdown Road: Already U/C. Will make for four bridges in a row which will be interesting.

3. Credit River: I thought it was wide enough already, but looking at Google Maps, I'm not so sure anymore.

There are four creeks between the two stations that cross/submerge once they hit the CN tracks so I would be interested in knowing which ones are actually bridged. From my time exploring the area as a kid, I thought all/most relied more on an embankment then a full out bridge.

Out of curiosity, what are the five bridges? The only ones that I can think of are:

1. Mississauga Road: Already U/C which is causing havoc on traffic during the rush hour and putting the 8 behind schedule.

2. Southdown Road: Already U/C. Will make for four bridges in a row which will be interesting.

3. Credit River: I thought it was wide enough already, but looking at Google Maps, I'm not so sure anymore.

There are four creeks between the two stations that cross/submerge once they hit the CN tracks so I would be interested in knowing which ones are actually bridged. From my time exploring the area as a kid, I thought all/most relied more on an embankment then a full out bridge.

4. 16 Mile Creek bridge that is now waiting for rail.

5. A creek to the west of Royal Windsor Dr. going into the Oakville yards and there is a small bridge there that I was surprise to see when I did a walking shooting a year or two ago.

There is a creek west of Mississauga Rd that will have concrete covert form where the embankment has to be move for the 3rd track.

As a week ago, saw no work started on Mississauga Rd yet. This well show the PC bridge on May 16. Can see Mississauga Rd also. Try May 10 photo's

Any chance they're going to eliminate the level crossing just west of Port Credit station?

No and not enough traffic to warrant it or justify the cost doing it in the first place.

They could close the road off and force everything onto Hurontario St. Some NIMBY will complain about this and the city will back off.

It would be nice if GO extended the platform out to the road and only about 150' for the extension.

Safety will most likely the reason given for not doing it.

Its a pain to be on the last car heading east that you can get off easy on track 3 at PC to access the buses and platform, but if it comes in on 2, a long walk to the stairs and then walk back to the same area you just off. A 2nd tunnel is need here.

Looking at the platform for tracks 1 & 2, it will have to be move north at the access platform area to get the tracks to line up for high speed service.

At the end of the day, all the grade crossings should be separated if we are going to have higher speed and more service along the line. 7 in Mississauga, 3 in Oakville and 3 in Burlington. Thats about $200 million and no small change.

I don't know where the EA stands for King Rd in Burlington as CN wants to do a grade separation there. Been 2 years since I heard anything on it.

Moving the Oakville GO Station will be a good thing to facilitate better planning in the Midtown core.

How that?

The new 3rd tracks will go through the centre of the existing station as well parts of the old freight buildings.

What needs to happen, that north east corner needs to be bought out to allow for a new bus terminal for GO and OT.

OT has problems now getting buses in and out let along do a layover.

If and when GO builds the new parking structure, it will free up land for the new bus terminal also.

To fix this area, you need to tear down those box stores as well plaza's. You got new condo's going up on the south side of the station.

Not sure what going to happen to the old lumber yard that close last year and has been there for every. Even the fabricator of towers torn their building down last year.

How that?

The new 3rd tracks will go through the centre of the existing station as well parts of the old freight buildings.

What needs to happen, that north east corner needs to be bought out to allow for a new bus terminal for GO and OT.

Not sure what going to happen to the old lumber yard that close last year and has been there for every. Even the fabricator of towers torn their building down last year.

Hmm, are they moving the entire station site, or just the building itself? I'm bloody confused here.

The old lumber yard is now rented out by some company that rents out movie trailers for actors and such. Stars something or other it is called. There's hundreds of tracker trailers, its nuts.

Back