Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

DAC180BA-00B1-4BBA-A110-0914BA61FA0B.jpeg
3686602E-F7B4-4237-A6E9-B83D70BF24FC.jpeg
A6B19399-83A3-41CE-9E1C-9D5EBC252BD7.jpeg
C079E97C-7676-4409-BA5D-BCF4CD74BC88.jpeg

Expect a little bit of speed-up in construction on the Davenport Diamond.

Some Barrie GO transit routes being replaced by buses starting Jan. 23

Due to COVID-19, Metrolinx ridership is down 90 per cent; ‘We’re doing this to better align with how people are currently using our transit network,’ says spokesperson

From link.

Starting next weekend, some Barrie GO transit users will be hopping on a bus instead of a train.

On Thursday, Metrolinx announced it will be replacing select GO train service with buses to make better use of resources while demand is low.

Starting on Saturday, Jan. 23, train service on the Barrie lines during weekday evenings or weekends will be served by buses.

“It will just be for evening and weekend periods,” said Nitish Bissonauth, spokesperson for Metrolinx. “We’re doing this to better align with how people are currently using our transit network. We’ve been closely monitoring the situation and looking at transit volumes.”

Across Ontario, Bissonauth says that as a result of COVID-19, ridership has decreased by more than 90 per cent across the board.

“These changes are also meant to answer the provincial call to encourage people to stay at home when needed,” he said. “Public transit is still an essential service but we want to make it clear that we don’t want people travelling unless they absolutely have to only for essential trips, and when travelling, always wear a mask.”

Barrie weekday trip schedules are not being affected by this announcement.

“These are temporary adjustments for now,” said Bissonauth.

Stations will have wayfinding signage posted directing customers to the buses.

Departures times may be adjusted. Customers should check gotransit.com and upexpress.com before they travel to ensure they always have the latest schedule information.

Today -- this is in the part of 640 Lansdowne that's being used as a staging area for the Davenport Diamond work:
View attachment 295831

I'm guessing that these are the forms for the guideway support columns. Does this mean they'll be pouring the columns here instead of on site?
I’m not an engineer, but I’d assume that they are just being staged there, and will be moved into place for the pours. The columns have to be connected into a deep foundation to be supported, and I’d assume a single pour is key to their structural integrity. Still, it’s exciting to see some major progress imminently happening.

^It will be interesting to see the sequencing....will they pour two supports side by side, or finish one track end to end and then repeat? Supposedly only one track will be worked on at a time.
Also wonder how those forms are modified to pour the shorter collumns that will support the sloping end sections.

- Paul

^ Cool to see the pillars will have a curved shape as they meet the guideway. Although I can't remember if they'll all be like that.
A quick google shows both round and rectangular, but the renders in the most recent material mostly appear to show round pillars, but with larger non-circular structures at the crossing points.

- Paul

Back