Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I don't like that there's no mention of a future Bloor&Lansdowne GO station.

A minor note: all the satellite-view maps have Symington Avenue mislabeled as "Keele Street"
Why would they be mentioning something that's outside the scope of this project? Going with same logic, they didn't mentioned double tracking on the Barrie line, which is as critical to AD2W trains as the Davenport Diamond grade separation.

Why would they be mentioning something that's outside the scope of this project? Going with same logic, they didn't mentioned double tracking on the Barrie line, which is as critical to AD2W trains as the Davenport Diamond grade separation.

The third slide explains that the overpass is being built with the West side first (2022) and double track only in 2023. We don't know how fast the double tracking between Steeles and St Clair (a separate tender) will be completed. Without Steeles-St Clair Double tracked, there is little prospect of better than hourly service anyways.

The question that needs to be asked tonight is, what is the status of plans to electrify this line, and will the maximum limit imposed in the TPAP on the number of diesel trains remain a commitment. With that limit, electrification will be needed before 2WAD can go much beyond hourly. I personally don't have enough of a trust factor with ML to believe they will honour that restriction, but I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised.

- Paul

It may not be a part of the RFP/contract, but the it was sold to the community as a package deal, along with electrification and public realm improvements. They're coming to talk to the community, so they should be prepared to talk about everything involved, even if it's just a passing mention that this is still a part of the plan. They obviously must know they will be asked.

Double-tracking might be worth a mention, but it's barely relevant to the community as long as all the trains go whizzing by their homes with the nearest station 7+ km away.

It may not be a part of the RFP/contract, but the it was sold to the community as a package deal, along with electrification and public realm improvements. They're coming to talk to the community, so they should be prepared to talk about everything involved, even if it's just a passing mention that this is still a part of the plan. They obviously must know they will be asked.

Double-tracking might be worth a mention, but it's barely relevant to the community as long as all the trains go whizzing by their homes with the nearest station 7+ km away.

Don't think the proposed Caledonia GO Station would be 7+ km away, at Eglinton & Caledonia. See link.

caledonia-go.jpg

Caledonia will be accessible and easy to navigate for all customers. GO Train platforms will be accessible from a new bridge connection to the plaza entrance. The Eglinton Crosstown line will open as the TTC’s Line 5 Eglinton and will offer accessible service at every station and stop, from Mount Dennis to Kennedy.

There will be a new multi-use path constructed from the intersection of Eglinton Avenue West and Blackthorn Avenue to the main station entrance. The path will be integrated with the station plaza.
From link.

Are you suggesting that the Caledonia Station would make a station at Bloor unneccessary? Depending on traffic, that's a good 20 minutes on the 47 Lansdowne bus

By the way, who knows when the Caledonia GO station will actually be built: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/crosstown-lrt-metrolinx.11782/post-1499556
Only Metrolinx knows. They've been withholding the tender for the longest time. No way it will open in time for the Crosstown, unless of course the Crosstown is delayed, in which case there's no need to rush with Caledonia GO.

This isn't a very exciting photo but in my search for a safe & legal spot to see the Davenport Diamond, I finally found it at the Powerhouse Lands. Consider this a before pic. Before all the tree clearing and the viaduct is built.

Photo is pointing South(Westish)IMG_6585.JPG

This isn't a very exciting photo but in my search for a safe & legal spot to see the Davenport Diamond, I finally found it at the Powerhouse Lands. Consider this a before pic. Before all the tree clearing and the viaduct is built.

Photo is pointing South(Westish)View attachment 216943

Which side of the Diamond are the Powerhouse Lands on? How do you access them?

20191125_062218.jpg

Which side of the Diamond are the Powerhouse Lands on? How do you access them?

View attachment 217031
I took the photo from the red circle. It’s park and pathway.
The developer to the south is doing a massive site clean up and dig down. There’s an empty pit with water but no heavy equipment so work must have stopped.
E632EB86-30CD-40AA-B4C6-B34BB1219332.jpeg

Back