Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

^ The article above gives a sense. Sounds like they want to do the "financial close" this summer and start construction in the fall. I would imagine there would be a lot of prep work and I assume moving of utilities first?

Any idea when this will actually start.
Did you read the release??? Only when the contract is sign will we know the time line for various stages including the start up. Until then, its a guessing game unless someone high up pass info to someone who post here about time line and thats not me.

Have the renderings of the Overpass changed? The new ones look more bulky compared to the previous ones provided. I wonder if the winning bidder has provided some guidance on the new renderings and has tried to create a more realistic sense of what the Overpass will look like.

Before:
Image result for davenport Overpass

From the release:

The before is too thin and the new ones represent what will happen/see at the end of the day. It also shows the sound barrier wall

That looks like a bait and switch. First, they showed a rendering with a light and airy overpass and aesthetically pleasing finishes on the columns. There were flowers growing in the earlier renderings almost under the overpass to convey the idea that a lot of natural light would pass around the structure. Now, they show an ungainly structure with unmowed grass and large fences to keep people out. It seems like the kind of structure that people in the community were concerned about in the beginning.

Reactions: vic
Have the renderings of the Overpass changed? The new ones look more bulky compared to the previous ones provided. I wonder if the winning bidder has provided some guidance on the new renderings and has tried to create a more realistic sense of what the Overpass will look like.

Before:

I would have considered a clear glass floor between the 2 structures. It would allow light to pass through, and could act as emergency or service walkway for the tracks.
I suspect that bulky pier is only at the end, where the very end span is a steel girder, and shorter span, to maximize the vertical clearance.
For the typical case, they appear to be using circular columns, as with the original proposal - but without that stupid paint job. I note that every pier has bearings above - I would have expected them to be able to make every second pier integral with the girders and joint at every 2nd pier (similar to UP). The column flare at the top does not appear natural - since too small to be structural, it's an obvious aesthetic add-on. I like that the girders are a standard, symmetrical shape. For the noise walls, I might have considered using the clear ones.

Dog walker is thinking, "Damnit, how do I get out of here? I thought this was going to be a trail."

Guy in the middle is contemplating suicide onto Dupont St.

Butterflies are forming an uprising. They're mad about the lack of milkweed.

Person on the right is yelling, "Get the hell out of my neighbourhood! You were supposed to be electrified!"

Before:

From the release:

View attachment 196752

View attachment 196753

well...concept drawings are almost always dreamworld. Once real world calculations for structure and mechanical are factored in, things usually are diluted from what was imagined. remember the concepts were not drawn by engineers, but by artists

What's the purpose of the black chain link fence?

There are fences all over the place in these renderings. I'm guessing they're just misplaced, but it makes it looks like everything is a fenced-off no-go zone.

Those fences are even more of a blight than the ugly bridge rendering.....

I imagine if someone could dig up the concept drawings for the elevated Gardiner Expressway they would show flowers, butterflies and happy picknickers.

Clear sound barriers might look nice but they might be deadly for birds, and who is going to clean them?

I imagine if someone could dig up the concept drawings for the elevated Gardiner Expressway they would show flowers, butterflies and happy picknickers.

Clear sound barriers might look nice but they might be deadly for birds, and who is going to clean them?
I don't think MTO cleans theirs.

Back