429EF15F-925C-4D31-BABD-104876D929CB.jpeg
B736A0AB-23FA-4FF7-8E39-E35A4B1264E7.jpeg
EDFBA6A5-43F3-4D60-A659-EAD18802431F.jpeg
10393511-51CA-44DC-87BF-7AD54F60F368.jpeg
F1360749-5B91-48D8-96A6-F2536FFFB208.jpeg
15E90626-B331-4CA1-A962-4CCC0C6BD48A.jpeg
F3A02755-2C3E-4047-86EB-D8DD3CB9EA7E.jpeg
BE4F5163-0949-41A7-AEBD-F34CF60E8036.jpeg

With the diversion track now in place. I would assume the next step would be the removal of tracks and then a large amount of landscape work to build the ramps for the elevated sections. Minus the track removal is this project set to continue this year or will the project resume in the spring with some minor preparatory/utility work being done the rest of this year?

This document gives a good amount of information.

The central section is somewhat similar to the UPE line to the airport...poured concrete pillars every so many meters down the right of way. I expect these will be somewhat standalone efforts to construct....excavation at each pillar point, followed by forms, followed by concrete pours. The horizontal members will likely be fabricated off site, trucked in, and craned into place.

There will be conventional bridges across the CP line and Wallace Ave. Again, concrete footings built at each end and then steel spans craned into place.

The end slopes - north of the CP and south of Bloor - are said to be “walled. I’m inferring that the walls get built first - again, possibly prefab panels, as at the Snider overpass on the Newmarket Sub - with fill inserted afterwards.

Easy peazy, right?

- Paul

With the diversion track now in place. I would assume the next step would be the removal of tracks and then a large amount of landscape work to build the ramps for the elevated sections. Minus the track removal is this project set to continue this year or will the project resume in the spring with some minor preparatory/utility work being done the rest of this year?

The old track and ballast is all supposed to be removed before the end of October, as I recall. They then set up the construction work zones and site accesses. I don't know if they will start the piling and retaining wall assembly before the end of the year, however.

Dan

Most up to date info on track removal is here: http://www.metrolinx.com/en/greater...ce_Main_Line_Track_Removal_UPDATED_Sept10.pdf

Main Line Track Removal (Update)
The existing main line track will be removed to facilitate guideway construction. This work involves cutting and breaking down the existing track into smaller manageable pieces and removing it from the rail corridor.

Barrie GO train service has increased substantially as of September 8. Due to the proximity of the existing main line track that is being removed to the new diversion track that trains are running on, this work must be performed overnight while trains are not running in order to keep crews safe.

This work will now take place during night shifts for the duration of the work period. Crew will be working overnight on Wednesday, September 16, Thursday, September 17 and Friday, September 18. Ancillary activities may take place during the day time.

Back