Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Dog walker is thinking, "Damnit, how do I get out of here? I thought this was going to be a trail."

Guy in the middle is contemplating suicide onto Dupont St.

Butterflies are forming an uprising. They're mad about the lack of milkweed.

Person on the right is yelling, "Get the hell out of my neighbourhood! You were supposed to be electrified!"
What an interpretation!

^I was impressed at just how connected and organized this community was around the issue, and how well they mounted an opposition to ML. Those people haven’t gone away..... surely they are capable of making ML’s life miserable over this.

- Paul

^I was impressed at just how connected and organized this community was around the issue, and how well they mounted an opposition to ML. Those people haven’t gone away..... surely they are capable of making ML’s life miserable over this.

- Paul

Not only that - this kind of bad-faith decision-making will serve as a warning to other communities for future elevated projects.

And lordy, AMA's words-pretzel.

AoD

Last edited:
Not unexpected, however, let's not forget the priorities. The overpass should be the primary objective.

Nothing in this has delayed or impeded the overpass construction (ML's ponderously slow procurement process, on the other hand, sure took forever to get the RFP process concluded.....)

There is a very real issue about public trust, and about ML's lack of accountability.Failure to act in good faith. And the stupid mumbo jumbo they put out to cover their tracks (poor choice of words, I agree). That problem will spread to future projects if not confronted.

My secret hope is that the Davenport activists turn up at whatever consultation meeting ML holds next in some other community, disrupt the meeting (as they did very effectively during their own consultation), and make it very clear to people in those communities "You can't trust these people. They go back on their word. And they obfuscate at every turn". ML has only itself to blame if they do.

- Paul

Last edited:
Nothing in this has delayed or impeded the overpass construction (ML's ponderously slow procurement process, on the other hand, sure took forever to get the RFP process concluded.....)

There is a very real issue about public trust, and about ML's lack of accountability.Failure to act in good faith. And the stupid mumbo jumbo they put out to cover their tracks (poor choice of words, I agree).

My secret hope is that the Davenport activists turn up at whatever consultation meeting ML holds next in some other community, disrupt the meeting (as they did very effectively during their own consultation), and make it very clear "You can't trust these people. They go back on their word. And they obfuscate at every turn". ML has only itself to blame if they do.

- Paul
True, but Metrolinx is just a puppet of the government. The PC's have asked them to cut their budget, and so public art is a casualty. I'm not defending anyone; in fact, I don't see the point in Metrolinx as an entity.

^ML may well be a good idea that just won't work with today's politicians (of any party or stripe). I'm not advocating for public art, but other parts of the mitigation for the overpass may be gamechangers. And ML may walk away from those.

- Paul

True, but Metrolinx is just a puppet of the government. The PC's have asked them to cut their budget, and so public art is a casualty. I'm not defending anyone; in fact, I don't see the point in Metrolinx as an entity.

But they did this without even telling anyone. This is completely unacceptable.

Thats a funny comment, because, I dont disagree, but the entire reason Metrolinx was created was to be this transparent entity that was an arms length away from political meddling. We all know thats a Utopian impossibility though.

Actually we know the entire reason Metrolinx was created was to create a firewall between the public and the province so that political meddling can be justified as "independent decision making". FTFY.

AoD

Back