Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Visually it's fine. I wouldn't want one near me even though I'm a supporter of elevated, but otherwise it's not overly intrusive. The updated renderings seems little different than those that preceded it.

Aurally? What'd that be equivalent to? A six lane arterial, with a dozen semis using engine brakes...attached to an amplifier that goes to 11. Because there will be diesels on here. Seemingly indefinitely it'll be only diesels. We already have elevated mainline rail corridors in Toronto, and they're quite loud.

There is no way to (truthfully) hide this thing, or make it appear to float gracefully. The renders are at least honest, even if the fine details are fanciful (those fences across the bikepath really amuse me.... what will the cyclists say when they put them in ?)

What I do like is that the vertical screening appears to have been better integrated into the side of the structure. Some of the initial drawings sure made it look like an afterthought. If that detail is accurate, as opposed to artwork, the guideway may be a little more attractive, even if it's more bulky.

- Paul

There is no way to (truthfully) hide this thing, or make it appear to float gracefully. The renders are at least honest, even if the fine details are fanciful (those fences across the bikepath really amuse me.... what will the cyclists say when they put them in ?)

What I do like is that the vertical screening appears to have been better integrated into the side of the structure. Some of the initial drawings sure made it look like an afterthought. If that detail is accurate, as opposed to artwork, the guideway may be a little more attractive, even if it's more bulky.

- Paul

If this remains a privately owned space they could lock the gates at night to make sure a tent city does not sprout underneath this overpass. Residents may be apprehensive about this.

Excavator arrived at the staging area

20190731_161952.jpg

That's the 77 Wade Ave. property. Excavator has been there since at least last week I believe. Not sure if it's related to the Davenport Diamond work..... Could be just stored there (this lot has been used for storing all kinds of stuff since the concrete factory closed), or maybe related to on-site work?

Nice "pic from a GO Train green tint" there too. :) Took me a few seconds to figure out where the photo was taken from.

Likely related to this:

If this remains a privately owned space they could lock the gates at night to make sure a tent city does not sprout underneath this overpass. Residents may be apprehensive about this.

In theory maybe. In reality? I'd imagine an enclosed area and fences create a more inviting habitat. You're basically creating four walls to build...a fairly sweet shelter.

Likely related to this:

According to this metrolinx presentation,
This area is the "construction laydown area"

R.O.W vs Wade. Who's right?

Back