Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

^ I can't remember...will the replacement spans not have the centre pier like the current span(s) do/did?
I'll likely be without a centre pier Bloor Street. Similar to the piers used with UPX near the airport.
1630442882567.png

From link.

1630443002978.png

From link.

Is it just me or are they taking their sweet time building this?
I don't think the pace is off spec. Here's the schedule as announced in November 2019. They are not far off this pace so far. In fact, those nifty purple-clad collumns are multiplying like weeds. The CP bridge abutment is up and work is clearly progressing on the north end embankment. I would expect we will see work performed all winter.

If they are behind, it's by a month or two and not a year or two. May 2022 to have the new track on the west bridge seems credible.

- Paul

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 3.09.26 PM.png

Is it just me or are they taking their sweet time building this?
It is best to let the concrete "cure". First the foundation, then the supports, etc.. Each has to be checked for accuracy, before the concrete is poured, after, and some time after to make there were no shifting. The foundation of anything takes the longest time.

It is best to let the concrete "cure". First the foundation, then the supports, etc.. Each has to be checked for accuracy, before the concrete is poured, after, and some time after to make there were no shifting. The foundation of anything takes the longest time.
yup, concrete curing is the most important step in forming. I had a condo project learn the hard way when they already topped off the building, only to discover that their entire 6F failed to meet the post cure standards. They had to demo the floor and repour.

Too bad the timing is off for using the dirt and spoils from the tunnelling of the Eglinton West LRT subway (underground portion) to build up the ramps.
It's not dirt, it's sand. Sand can be compacted more densely and has a higher bearing capacity than dirt. It's far more predictable and therefore better for things like this than dirt would be.

Back