101     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

GO Train video clips

W

wyliepoon

Video clips of a rare GO Train commute home for me, on the Stouffville Line between Union and Kennedy.

Watch/listen carefully... miketoronto is in some of them! :)

Yonge and Front 1

Yonge and Front 2

Outside Union Station

Inside the Great Hall in Union Station

Chaos in Union Station GO Transit concourse

Stouffville Line train pulling into Union Station

I made a seven-part video of the train ride home (so that I could go under YouTube's clip size limit). I've created a playlist for it... you can either watch the parts on their own, or click on "play all videos" to watch all the videos in sequence.

GO Train playlist

At Kennedy Station I wanted to get a clip of the train leaving, but the guard seemed to refuse to let the train go until I left the platform.

wicked wylie!

is it possible to get a front facing window at the begining of the train?

It depends: the GO trains don't turn around, so half the time you have a windowed seat at the front, and the other half the locomotive is at the front.

I don't know if it's the quality of the video, or if it's unmelted snow I'm seeing, but the ROW past the old TTR limit at the Don looks as if its badly maintained, if not neglected entirely. Looks like there's trash and debris everywhere. I also did a double-take upon seeing what looked like the old Gloucester work cars at the Greenwood yards. Hard to believe that 1950s-vintage equipment is still in use.

so you can have a view in the front that looks to oncoming track or in the back that looks at the track already passed depending where the locomotive is.

Back