News   May 09, 2024
 485     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 808     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 543     0 

Globe: Is Calatrava the future of Calgary? Let's hope so

It doesn't look very enclosed to me, and I love the red. It feels big and bold, like the West.

Not sure I really like the enclosed tube concept for a pedestrian bridge- they musn't have fishermen in Spain- how is one supposed to fish from this..? Maybe the idea is to extend the Plus15 concept. But aren't people peeing and dropping wolf bait in the Plus15... I think i read that somewhere. The red is cool- gotta luv them Stampeder colors.

Calatrava-designed bridge in Calgary: Let's Build It!

Wylie and Smuncky: This Calatrava-designed bridge is quite neat!
Will the overhead parts be covered with glass or equivalent panels?
The problem with them is it may make the Bridge overly hot in the Summer
and may become subjectible to vandalism.

Imagine installing lighting allowing the Bridge to have a light show with a swirling effect...nice! - In short: Let's Build It! LI MIKE

I'm happy Calgary is finally getting some good architecture! who would have thought Calgary would have 2 pieces public art designed by Jaume Plensa, one highrise designed by Lord Foster, the bridge by Calatrava and an arts centre with one of the proposed designs by Jean Nouvel all at about the same time!

You're right, ummagumma, this is Calgary's moment and you guys are firing on all cylinders like it's Toronto circa. 1977. Take our advice, Calgary: don't elect Dippers to city council because you'll hit the glass ceiling really hard.

Nice post... interesting !
smileyhappy.ico

Back