Toronto George Brown College Waterfront Campus | ?m | 8s | George Brown | KPMB

Anyone know of an image sharing site that can take very very large image files? i have had to screen capture all my raw HDR images because IMGUR won't support their size

lsVty.jpg

Nice shot. I still think that Redpath looks like...hell here. I can't help it. But it is nice to see how much the Corus and GB buildings have filled out the waterfront.

On another note, I've always wondered if that gap between Scotia and the BMO/Commerce Court can/will ever be filled in. Off the top of my head I'm not sure what's on the ground level there, so I'm not sure if development would be an option. But I've always thought that a supertall there would just...be the icing on the cake of this shot. If it were done right, it'd look iconic, I think.

/\ /\ Those photo effects were impressive for about half a second, now they make me feel ill. Why destroy perfectly good photos!?

They arent "photo effects" if u bothered to read the post you would see that it is an HDR image.
keep your artistic critique to yourself

Last edited:
They arent "photo effects" if u bothered to read the post you would see that it is an HDR image. But it's ok, I understand it was a big step for you to crawl out from under that rock to say that.
keep your artistic critique to yourself

most people who publish photos that fall into the 'creative' or 'artistic self-expression' category start their own thread in the City Photo's & Video section. Goldie's Toronto, My Toronto, Redroom Studios - The Streets of TO etc...

the photos published in the Projects and Construction thread tend towards the illustrative, the update, the documentary, the informational etc. there is a bit more of a train-spotter aspect here, with less emphasis on the subjective and the personal interpretation of the image of the city.

from the perspective of the hardcore Projects & Construction users, there simply is not enough information in HDR images. we don't learn anything from them.
weirdly, this is because you can see 'everything' in HDR: all lights, all darks, all mid-tones, and the net result is that you end up not being able to focus on anything.
my .02.

most people who publish photos that fall into the 'creative' or 'artistic self-expression' category start their own thread in the City Photo's & Video section. Goldie's Toronto, My Toronto, Redroom Studios - The Streets of TO etc...

the photos published in the Projects and Construction thread tend towards the illustrative, the update, the documentary, the informational etc. there is a bit more of a train-spotter aspect here, with less emphasis on the subjective and the personal interpretation of the image of the city.

from the perspective of the hardcore Projects & Construction users, there simply is not enough information in HDR images. we don't learn anything from them.
weirdly, this is because you can see 'everything' in HDR: all lights, all darks, all mid-tones, and the net result is that you end up not being able to focus on anything.
my .02.

Good argument, but that being said i think the photo is relevant to the thread and considering the amount of non-HDR photo updates i provide, it shouldnt be debated. Considering your post is the first rational negative input, it might take a bit more to sway me from posting photos like this. I have posted MANY photos recently in the threads you mentioned by the way, specifically "post your photos of toronto here" and "toronto skyline". But this is a photo of GBC...so.....yea. I got this same BS from The_Architect in the southcore delta thread. The easy solution to those who dont like my photo updates, is to block me :)

Last edited:
Good argument, but that being said i think the photo is relevant to the thread and considering the amount of non-HDR photo updates i provide, it shouldnt be debated. Considering your post is the first rational negative input, it might take a bit more to sway me from posting photos like this. I have posted MANY photos recently in the threads you mentioned by the way. I got this same BS from The_Architect in the southcore delta thread. The easy solution to those who dont like my photo updates, is to block me :)

I just want to say that I personally like your updates, and appreciate all the effort you put into documenting the city and construction, but I will say that I find most applications of HDR to be distracting and/or garish. I don't intend to dissuade you from posting though, just voicing my opinion regarding certain post-processing techniques. That said I certainly thank you for all your hard work and foot travel to get these shots, especially since I don't live downtown at the moment.

I just want to say that I personally like your updates, and appreciate all the effort you put into documenting the city and construction, but I will say that I find most applications of HDR to be distracting and/or garish. I don't intend to dissuade you from posting though, just voicing my opinion regarding certain post-processing techniques. That said I certainly thank you for all your hard work and foot travel to get these shots, especially since I don't live downtown at the moment.

Thank you. I have no problem excepting rational educated criticism that is phrased in a polite manner. A rare fine example of forum-decorum

I agree they can be distracting, I'm just trying to bridge the gap between real life and render. Its simply a matter of tastes, but that doesn't mean these photos shouldn't be posted here

Last edited:
I find the design rather generic and the corrugated siding terrible. I'm trying to like this building and Corus, but together they're rather unremarkable and kind of ugly. I expected a lot better for the waterfront.

I got this same BS from The_Architect in the southcore delta thread. The easy solution to those who dont like my photo updates, is to block me :)

Actually, I like the way it is used here. HDR is good for artistic photos like this, but when it comes to construction updates like in the other threads (especially Southcore), thedeepend perfectly worded why I dislike it so much.

(Let's see how long this reply lasts until it's deleted for no reason)

The Architect:

There are more than enough reasons to moderate your postings. Your posts were deleted for the reason that a) they are rude and b) you're posting the same responses to sMT's HDR photos in multiple threads. I can collect those postings of yours as a retort if you feel the need to challenge that. If your response is as nuanced as those by thedeepend or egotrippin, I am sure there wouldn't have been a need for me to intervene in the first place.

AoD

Last edited:
I really love the look of the east side of this building. The glass in phenomenal and the corrugated siding is really unconventional and eye catching. Nice shots deepend, did you happen to notice if they have cleaned up all the construction gear and fencing along the southern promenade?

I find the design rather generic and the corrugated siding terrible.

It's not the siding IMO. It's the awkward way they cut in the windows around what I assume are the two flights of stairs. And what's with the parallel lines that aren't exactly parallel? That seems like a real rookie mistake.

Thank you. I have no problem excepting rational educated criticism that is phrased in a polite manner. A rare fine example of forum-decorum

I agree they can be distracting, I'm just trying to bridge the gap between real life and render. Its simply a matter of tastes, but that doesn't mean these photos shouldn't be posted here

As far as I'm concerned you're among the top photo contributors here, so keep it up. Thanks again.

It's not the siding IMO. It's the awkward way they cut in the windows around what I assume are the two flights of stairs. And what's with the parallel lines that aren't exactly parallel? That seems like a real rookie mistake.

The cuts lie just below the seating in the two lecture theatres they've perched up there. Not sure what you mean by "parallel lines that aren't exactly parallel" though?

Back