News   Sep 29, 2022
 401     0 
News   Sep 29, 2022
 453     0 

FUTURE Skyline (lots of changes) - updated November 2020

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
A partial make-over of the render I did with Koops years ago - includes new additions (eg. 1200 Bay), new designs (eg. Star Tower), a few generic place-holders and some improved cladding/skins (e.g. financial district).

Still missing dozens of projects (Union Park got nixed ‘cause I was tired and it blocked CIBC Square South ;-) A lot of the foreground remains out-of-date (from older render).

NOTE: This “fiction” wisely assumes no pandemic construction hang-over, developer bail-outs and city planning’s new-found love of height.

SMALL

July-2020-pano-small.jpg

Desaturated (for greying forum members)

July-2020-pano-grey.jpg

LARGE RENDER (perfect for SmartPhones)

http://upside-down.ca/futuretoronto/July-2020-pano.jpg

MEGA
available upon request 💰

Cheers.

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
CLICK the the link for a larger render, and please leave a comment!

November 2020 future skyline (Bloor/Yorkville to the lake): more than 5 dozen new proposals, new designs and improvements (glaring omissions from my June render included Union Park and lots of Yorkville projects... but I stuffed them into this one).

Many of you already know that this skyline would require "wide-angle binoculars" to see things this way, but it's a fun way to feature many of the new projects. The only disappointment for this render-guy is some of my favourite new projects like 510 Yonge are best viewed from their skinny north/south elevations rather than looking east.

The June vs. November before and after "comparison" screenshot below, shows pretty dramatic change from Yorkville to Queen, and south of King Street is pretty much a wall of towers now... I challenge you to count them. ;)

Note: Be sure to click the link below (and then zoom) to see a larger, higher resolution render. This may invite un-wanted critiques, but as a salute to the efforts of Red Mars, The Well is no longer just a non-descript box as it appeared in the June render lol.

LARGER RENDER: http://upside-down.ca/futuretoronto/Future-November-8rev-2020.jpg

Forum size
Future-November-7-2020-LG-sharp.jpg

June 2020 vs. November 2020

Skyline-compare-July:Nov-2020.jpg

Attachments

• Future-November-7-2020-LG.jpg
    Future-November-7-2020-LG.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
A quick trick to benefit those forum members that don't have lighting fast download speeds
Just a note (and a suggestion) about photo and screenshot file sizes. I certainly appreciate the incredible project news/updates from this forum, however when new images from city documents are posted they are often screenshots which are often very large PNG files, typically ranging from about 2 MB to as much as 4 MG in size. Sometimes half a dozen or more of these PNGs are posted all at once, resulting in (as much as, or more) files totalling 15 to 20 MG.

In just a few seconds, screenshot PNG files can be exported as JPEGS, resulting in picture files a fraction the size of the original PNGs, with little or no resolution loss.

Here's a quick case study from a post by smably (apologies and no offence smably... just the most recent example... appreciate your efforts of course).

1. Before-after
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 7.55.39 PM.png
^ Above is a 3.4 MB - png

2280-Dundasw-before-after.jpg

The same pic above is a 453 KB - jpeg (1/7th the size - looks the same ;-)

Materials
2280Dundasw-materials.png

Above is a 1.7 MB - png

2280Dundasw-materials.jpg

The same pic above is a 359 KB - jpeg

Podium
2280Dundasw-podium.png

Above is a 1.9 MB - png

2280Dundasw-podium.jpg

Above is a 339 KB - jpeg (1/6th the size - looks the same ;-)

So three screenshots totalling 7 MG, become about 1.1 MG of jpegs for 15 seconds of work. Cheers. :)
Source: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-2280-dundas-west-m-42s-choice-properties-hariri-pontarini.27293/page-13

Last edited: