News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 539     0 

From the roof of The Richmond (2007 version)

D

Darkstar416

Some pics from my roof at Richmond/Sherbourne taken this past weekend...

DSCN2401.jpg

DSCN2402.jpg

DSCN2403.jpg

DSCN2405.jpg

DSCN2406.jpg

DSCN2408.jpg

DSCN2409.jpg

DSCN2410.jpg

DSCN2411.jpg

DSCN2412.jpg

DSCN2413.jpg

DSCN2414.jpg

DSCN2415.jpg

DSCN2416.jpg

DSCN2417.jpg

DSCN2418.jpg

DSCN2419.jpg

DSCN2420.jpg

DSCN2421.jpg

DSCN2422.jpg

DSCN2423.jpg

From those pictures it looks like a huge pile of dirt was been created in the West Don Lands. Doesn't look like they have built much of the berm yet though.

Pretty hot view o' the core ya got there. Spire looks cool; 1 King does not.

That odd, stray little black puff in the 5th shot looks so vulnerable and lonely - I want to adopt it and provide a safe, loving home.

More of this kinda stuff, please. Adds density and maintains urbanity.

DSCN2413.jpg

I really like the SAS building...it looks great from all angles.

"Spire looks cool; 1 King does not."

I'm gonna have to disagree completely. Spire's kind of embarrassingly ugly and the yellow panels will always look like plywood covering broken windows, which is not cool. 1 King, at worst, blends in just fine...its ^ plays off Scotia's v and it is undeniably impressive from the north or south.

Interesting view on 1KW vs. Spire. I'd firmly plant myself on the side that Spire is much better looking and that the yellow panels don't look like plywood and instead plays off St. James Cathedral.

If SpeedStick had been a sleek, contemporary and much simpler design it would have been a winner.

The bones are great and the proportions of the two main elements could work together handsomely. The idea of an inner - deodorant - element extruded at the top from an outer casing is a strong concept, easily grasped. But the details of what was actually built are a jumbled, contradictory, stylistic mess.

Reclad, the details tweaked, we'd have a great building.

^ Agree completely. Stinson botched what probably should have been the best high-rise in the entire city via sheer inept cheapness. It really is a huge shame - though not unfixable, as babel points out.

Just changing the windows to blue reflective glass would make a huge difference.

Yeah, one colour of glass would have made a world of difference.

Harry didn't like the puke green either. Tried to change it but the fellow with the money wouldn't go for it.

That's too bad. There is nothing "theatrical" about puke-green windows. Good for Harry for trying, though.

Back