2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     2 

Forum Wiki

TheTigerMaster

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Have the mods considered adding a Wiki to threads here on UT? It would be a great resource for members who need to quickly check a fact before making a forum post. This is especially true if it's on a thread with lots of technical details. And since there are so many dedicated members on UT, I'd imagine that the wiki would be much more detailed than other Wikis on the internet (specifically Wikipedia). The only problem with hosting a wiki would be ensuring the accuracy of the information. But if the mods only allowed wiki editing for dedicated users (eg someone who's been a member for a year and has 150+ posts), I would expect that we'd be able to ensure that the information was nearly fully accurate.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I'd imagine it would be of most benefit in the construction/transit treads. Wikipedia doesn't have wikis on most of the projects on the city. And of the projects Wikipedia does cover, there usually aren't too many details. If a Wiki was opened here, many members would be in a great position to contribute to detailed reports about projects across the region.

Back