934     0 

Forum Upgrade

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi all,

We will be upgrading the forum this Friday evening starting around midnight. Forum will be shut down for a few hours. Going from Xenforo v1 to v2. Expect some functionality and design changes.

Please leave any and all comments here.

Thanks

Ed

I really like that your account name, inbox, and alerts are finally in a header bar that is very easy to see and access.
The most significant issue I've ran into with the new redesign is the removal of the Alerts button at the bottom of each page. Though it's not a deal breaker to go back to the top of the page, it does add an extra step. It also would be great if the "UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines " section was above the "Forums What's new Members Calendar" section."
Still disappointed that a Dislike button wasn't added.

Last edited:
Haven't had occasion to try the "remove format" option yet, but on my OS (Ubuntu, Linux) and any browser I use, the bullets were a freakin' pain in the asterisk once enabled on the former software version.

It made a mockery of attempting a well composed and formatted post.Also had probs with posting pics and then accrediting them directly after, ditto probs with italics, once enabled. It was hard to tell if it was due to my OS and browser versions, or the originating BBC code.

Definitely prefer the old look

I do too, but I always say that, and then get used to it. Had a terrible time with the new-look GMail, and I just ignore a lot of it, way too many bells and whistles, but that's 'progress'.

Edit: On my OS and browsers, as described above (Chrome specifically in this case) the 'originating post arrow' sometimes works automatically, sometimes not, same as later release of the previous version BBC. The work-around for me is to use "open in new tab" when clicking on it.

Great! It fixed a persistent bug that selected all text when trying to select just one word on mobile. Made it really hard to reorganize thoughts. It works correctly now.

The look will take some getting used to but overall, it looks more modern.

Great! It fixed a persistent bug that selected all text when trying to select just one word on mobile. Made it really hard to reorganize thoughts. It works correctly now.

The look will take some getting used to but overall, it looks more modern.
I had the same problem on my desktop Linux. Thought perhaps it was a glitch in Gnome. (the user interface used on the latest Ubuntu release, and earliest ones)

It actually looks more dated, like something from the 90s.

I hate it. I have a hard time viewing anything on the forum. It is very blockish and it makes finding anything on mobile a pain. I prefer the old look.

I hate it. I have a hard time viewing anything on the forum. It is very blockish and it makes finding anything on mobile a pain. I prefer the old look.

Back