News   Apr 24, 2024
 958     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

Forum Issues Since Relaunch (Jan 20, 2010)

Here's a reasonably well designed site that takes reader-generated news tips about Toronto and investigates them. Of interest in that it parallels some of UT's expanded scope, with a large team of professional journalists and photojournalists:

http://www.openfile.ca/

Here, for instance, is their comment thread on the 204 Beech Avenue house:

http://openfile.ca/toronto-file/204-beech-ave-house-or-home#anchor_dialogue

nice! thanks for the link--wasn't aware of this.....

Hey, just a suggestion, would it be possible to have the most recent render and stats on buildings in the project and construction forum easily available on the first page of the thread. I know the title is updated with changes in number of stories, but i have spent lots of time in a few threads going through pages from the most recent to try to find the most recent rendering or if there is a render at all.

having problems today.....the google ads on each page are loading very slowly - taking maybe 15-20seconds to load.....until they do, it is impossible to scroll down - very frustrating....anyone else experiencing this?

What happened to the WHAT'S NEW button on the right of the top bar of the Forums? It vanished today just after the recent War on the Spammers. I used it often to see only threads with postings that were new to me. Are there alternatives? Did it go by accident? Will it come back? The "new" What's New button on left hand side does not give nearly as nice a result. Cheers

OK _ I found its new location. Why was it changed?

Last edited:
We are still in the process of upgrading. Let that happen and then we can see about issues like this. And regarding why it was changed that's just the function of the new version of vBulletin. Once upgrading is complete we will review what changes have occurred.

Yesterday, email notifications of new posts arrived an hour or so after posts had been made; today I'm not getting any notifications at all.

I have been getting my notifications several hours late. They used to be sent instantly as people posted, but now they all show up in the middle of the night (I am waking up with upwards of 40 notifications on my phone)

And right after posting that, I got my first notification of the day -- 4.5 hours after the post was made ;)

I've been getting email subscriptions very irregularly.. usually they come over night near midnight, but over the last few weeks they come randomly during the day

same for me.

Also, I have noticed that I can still access the "blog" portion of the website (which I beleive are are not supposed to be able to) by clicking on the "blog" thing measuring my amount of blog posts underneath my total posts. Up here ^^^

Back