News   Apr 23, 2024
 252     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 803     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 466     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Facing Hearing on Capitol Riot, Trump Resigns From Film and TV Union

Top officials at SAG-AFTRA had cited the former president for his role in inciting the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last month. With a disciplinary hearing looming, Mr. Trump made his exit.

From link.

04sag-trump-superJumbo.jpg

Donald J. Trump appeared in movies like “Home Alone 2.” In his resignation letter to the union, which was preparing for a disciplinary hearing, he wrote, “Who cares!”

Facing a union disciplinary hearing over his role in the attack on the Capitol, former President Donald J. Trump resigned from the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists on Thursday, assailing the group in a grievance-filled letter.

“I write to you today regarding the so-called Disciplinary Committee hearing aimed at revoking my union membership,” Mr. Trump wrote in the letter to the union.

“Who cares!” He went on to say that he was resigning immediately.

Mr. Trump’s resignation was first reported by Fox News.

Mr. Trump — a businessman who, before entering politics, had made several appearances in movies and television shows, most notably on “The Apprentice” — had been charged by the union with “inciting the attack on the U.S. Capitol” on Jan. 6. and of “sustaining a reckless campaign of misinformation aimed at discrediting and ultimately threatening the safety of journalists, many of whom are SAG-AFTRA members,” according to a statement released last month by the union.

As a result, the union’s board voted Jan. 19 to find probable cause that Mr. Trump had violated SAG-AFTRA’s Constitution, and it ordered that the matter be heard by the union’s disciplinary committee. Had Mr. Trump been found guilty of the charges by the committee, he would have faced penalties ranging from censure to expulsion.

Fox News reported and SAG-AFTRA confirmed that Mr. Trump’s disciplinary hearing had been scheduled to take place this week.
“Donald Trump attacked the values that this union holds most sacred — democracy, truth, respect for our fellow Americans of all races and faiths, and the sanctity of the free press,” Gabrielle Carteris, the union’s president said in last month’s statement. “There’s a straight line from his wanton disregard for the truth to the attacks on journalists perpetrated by his followers.”

Mr. Trump’s letter, which was obtained by The New York Times and later posted by the union, was dated Feb. 4 and addressed to Ms. Carteris. In it, he blasted the organization, asserting that it had “done little for its members, and nothing for me.”

“I no longer wish to be associated with your union,” Mr. Trump wrote. “As such, this letter is to inform you of my immediate resigning from SAG-AFTRA.”

Mr. Trump also used the letter to enumerate his own acting accomplishments and argue that he had helped the cable news business thrive. He wrote that he was “very proud of my work on movies such as ‘Home Alone 2,’ ‘Zoolander’ and ‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’; and television shows including ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,’ ‘Saturday Night Live,’ and of course, one of the most successful shows in television history, ‘The Apprentice’ — to name just a few.’’
Responding to Mr. Trump’s resignation, SAG-AFTRA offered a simple two-word statement jointly attributed to Ms. Carteris and David White, the union’s national executive director on Thursday afternoon: “Thank you.”

Mr. Trump’s departure from the union will not necessarily preclude him from working in film or television, but could give employers reason to think twice before casting him.

SAG-AFTRA represents approximately 160,000 actors, singers, journalists and other media professionals in film and television. In its January statement announcing the disciplinary hearing for Mr. Trump, the union noted that reports of intimidation and physical assaults against reporters escalated during the Trump presidency.
Shouldn't SAG-AFTRA go after the "actors" on Fox "News"?

Last edited:

Facing Hearing on Capitol Riot, Trump Resigns From Film and TV Union

Top officials at SAG-AFTRA had cited the former president for his role in inciting the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last month. With a disciplinary hearing looming, Mr. Trump made his exit.

From link.

04sag-trump-superJumbo.jpg

Donald J. Trump appeared in movies like “Home Alone 2.” In his resignation letter to the union, which was preparing for a disciplinary hearing, he wrote, “Who cares!”

Shouldn't SAG-AFTRA go after the "actors" on Fox "News"?
Why stop at Fox "News" when SAG-AFTRA can also go after the "actors" on "News"Max and OA"N"N?

Don't forget about the "DJ" J.D. (John) Roberts on Fox "News", who used to work on CHUM, CITY-TV, and MuchMusic here in Toronto. See link.

1u3wve2fbaw11.png

From link.

When I see him at a White House press conference, I expect to see him introduce the next music video.

Haha, me too. In my mind, he's typecast as a local VJ, which is why I can't take him seriously when he's acting all "Mr. Big Time Journalist".

OANN had to have a lengthy disclaimer aired before Lindell's Biden-victory-denialism "documentary":

It's so nonsense, Newsmax said "No" to it. It was removed from YouTube, Vimeo, and Twitter very quickly for violating community guidelines. It ended up being on Gab and Rumble (and Lindell's website has the video embedded to Gab).

There's no doubt Dominion lawyers watched the documentary.

All the businesses cutting ties with the Trump Organization

From link.

In the weeks since early January's violent insurrection at the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob, some businesses are cutting ties with the Trump Organization.

On January 6, the Capitol went into lockdown as thousands of President Donald Trump's supporters descended upon the building, resulting in chaos, damage, and violence. At least five people have died.

In the wake of the riot, politicians - including Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy - spoke out about the responsibility that the president bears for inciting violence. Prominent business leaders, including Apple CEO Tim Cook and Google CEO Sundar Pichai, also spoke out against the siege. Business Roundtable released a statement calling on the president to "put an end to the chaos."

Platforms including Twitter and Facebook moved to ban the president's accounts. Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey broke his silence on the ban last night, saying it set a "dangerous precedent." And Trump resigned from SAG-AFTRA before an expulsion hearing; the labor union ultimately voted to bar him from rejoining.

In a historic vote, Trump became the first president to be impeached by congress twice. If he's convicted by the senate (a move that requires a two-thirds majority), it can vote on whether to bar him from holding office again.

But some actions have gone beyond statements: Businesses and other entities are severing their financial connections to Trump and the Trump Organization.

In the wake of the insurrection and impeachment, some groups formerly affiliated with the Trump Organization are opting to sever ties. The Trump Organization did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

Here are all the businesses and entities that have publicly split from the Trump Organization.

Trump resigned from SAG-AFTRA in a pointed letter, and they later voted to bar him from rejoining.
On February 4, Trump sent in a resignation letter addressed to SAG-AFTRA union President Gabrielle Carteris.

"I write to you today regarding the so-called Disciplinary Committee hearing aimed at revoking my union membership," Trump wrote."Who cares!"

He went on to say he was "not familiar with your work" but that he's proud of his own performances in movies such as "Home Alone 2" and "Zoolander" and television shows including "Saturday Night Live" and "The Apprentice."

He closed his letter with: "I no longer wish to be associated with your union. As such, this letter is to inform you of my immediate resignation from SAG-AFTRA. You have done nothing for me."

In response, SAG-AFTRA released a two-word statement: "Thank you." And, on February 6, the SAG-AFTRA National Board voted to bar him from rejoining.

"Preventing Donald Trump from ever rejoining SAG-AFTRA is more than a symbolic step," Carteris said in a statement. "It is a resounding statement that threatening or inciting harm against fellow members will not be tolerated. An attack against one is an attack against all."

New York City is ending its contracts with the Trump Organization.
New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Wednesday that New York City "will no longer have anything to do with the Trump Organization."

Insider's Grace Dean reported that the city had contracts with the Trump Organization to run two ice-skating rinks (and a carousel) in Central Park, as well as a golf course in the Bronx.

The Washington Post reported those contracts brought in $17 million in annual revenue for the Trump Organization.

The PGA pulled its 2022 championship from Trump's Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club....

The results of the SuperBowl are being disputed...

147813432_4796043067155376_1262194933258423084_n.png

See link.

That rash of penalties was a fraud scheme and a conspiracy because the refs were bought off, and there were cases of touchdown switching from KC to Tampa Bay, as well as touchdowns by KC that were not shown because the game was actually taped earlier and edited.
🙂
🙂
🙂
"The Chiefs had a yuge lead, tremendous lead! They were winning bigly!
Then the Bucs started getting all these points given to them. Where'd all these points mysteriously come from? It was rigged! The Bucs stole the win!
The great state of Kansas had a tremendous win stolen from them!"
🤦‍♂️
🙄
🤣

Chiefs won. The scoreboard system was hacked. Storming the NFL headquarters! Don’t confirm the points yet! Not all points were counted. There was a referee actually taking some of the chiefs’ points to the dumpster and just leaving them there instead of counting them. Something about Tom Brady’s missing laptop was found but lost on the way to someone that was going to say how he was able to steal the points.
#notmysuperbowl #overturnthesuperbowl

LOL! So, I was waiting for the KC fans to storm the field yelling “take our game back, take our game back. Stop the steal, we really won the game!”

Back