News   Apr 16, 2024
 369     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 726     0 

Food Truck Festival Version 2

MindMe

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anyone try the original food truck festival in the Distillery District back in June? It was something of an over crowded disaster. They're trying again August 20. More trucks. Hopefully better organized! I might have considered giving it a pass but I noticed on their Facebook page St. Catherine's kettle corn kings Shriner's Creek will be making a rare, rare Toronto area appearance. My boss is from St. Catherines and sometimes brings in a bag or two for the lunch room. The stuff is stupid good. Alas my lil car doesn't really have the power to get further than the grocery store.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=247740765239815

Saturday, August 20 · 11:00am - 3:00pm
The Distillery District
55 Mill Street
Toronto, ON

I went. I was looking forward to celebrating what street food is supposed to be. I grabbed a Mill street lemon tea brew, happy to be allowed to wander beer in hand. I got to the food truck lines and saw the enormous lines. I asked someone who was eating a grilled cheese how long the wait was?...He said and hour and a half and the line was shorter. I finished my beer and grabbed a Burrito at a storefront just off Front St.

I think I'll wait till next year to visit again.

I'd like the see the city open up the market to food trucks. Allow them to take parking on streets throughout the city where allowed. Just as long as they keep a reasonable distance from a restaurant that is paying rent.

Hey we wrote a post about Food Truck Eats at The Distillery District after Jenn from Breakfast TV was here this morning, Here are some pictures of the upcoming culinary delights that will be served to Distillery patrons this wknd, Aug 20, 21
6059505487_6572c418d3.jpg

6060053326_3688f71137.jpg

6059506877_fcd04277a3.jpg

Hope we see you here this weekend - we're pumped!

Distillery District?
never been back since day i took some out-of-towners down there.
they read article about area in NY Times and were anxious to see it.
we went down on a wk night, they were elderly and wanted to have a drink and sit down in one of the bars.
we went to one with some jazz musicians on an upper balcony over a nice restaurant.
it was pretty much empty except for a few ppl at the bar on stools.
we asked for a table to have drinks.
they rudely said, we could not sit at the tables and only the bar stools were available even though we mentioned they couldn't sit on stools!
this is in an empty restaurant?? aren't they in the business of selling food and drinks!
it was very embarrassing that our friends were treated so badly and we tell everyone to stay away.

But i love the idea of newer food trucks!
New York City has some of the best food trucks and i think Toronto should be same......we are fast moving adventurous souls!

Last edited:
6059505487_6572c418d3.jpg

I tried 'Gastronomo Vagabundo' 2 weeks ago while touring wineries in Niagara. They make some AMAZING pulled pork steamed buns, and their chili lime tacos are to die for. Its too bad the portion sizes are tiny.

Back