News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 3.6K     4 

Flatiron Building sold

FAC33

Member Bio
Reaction score
That building looked like it was in terrible shape !

The Gooderham Building rose in value from $2.2 million to $15.29 million in 11 years? Heritage buildings can be an excellent investment, contrary to what some developers may have people believe.

The Star is reporting that the Flatiron Building has been sold:

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1102208--flatiron-building-sold-for-15-million?bn=1

The article also mentions that the buyer, Clayton Smith, is "restoring a heritage property on Temperance near Yonge, where scaffolding went up Wednesday." I haven't been by to check it out, but I'm guessing this is the Dineen building.

This is great news. I was sure this building was destined for the wrecking ball.

It would be great if they can redesign/rebuild Berczy Park - maybe put a commercial space underneath and use the Gooderham Building as an entrance pavilion.

AoD

I'm sure some of the people in the neighbourhood would disagree but I wouldn't mind seeing a Toronto Museum built on the site of Berczy Park from Scott St right up to the Flatiron Building.

I'm sure some of the people in the neighbourhood would disagree but I wouldn't mind seeing a Toronto Museum built on the site of Berczy Park from Scott St right up to the Flatiron Building.

But that's great park space for the area, sure it could be maintained a little better ...

This is great news. I was sure this building was destined for the wrecking ball.

You thought they were going to demolish the flat iron buidling? It's one of Toronto's most iconic buidling's I doubt that would ever be allowed.

You thought they were going to demolish the flat iron buidling? It's one of Toronto's most iconic buidling's I doubt that would ever be allowed.

No I wasn't referring to the Flatiron building - In the same article it mentions that the heritage building at the corner of temperance and Yonge (the Dineen building I believe) is undergoing renovation.

Heritage buildings can be an excellent investment, contrary to what some developers may have people believe.

The Gooderham building gets AAA rents. I think it's actually more expensive per square foot than FCP or Scotia Plaza, etc.

Back