Toronto Five St Joseph | 160.93m | 48s | Five St. Joseph | Hariri Pontarini

File_001 (2).jpeg

Attachments

• File_001 (2).jpeg
    File_001 (2).jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,212
As far as I know, it is not your balcony. It's part of the common area owned by the corporation.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
From today. This is from the lane way. I'm not sure if this is part of Wickson Social or another restaurant but there is no signage outside of it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    567.7 KB · Views: 778
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    693.4 KB · Views: 758
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    657.6 KB · Views: 756
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    521 KB · Views: 766
It's still ridiculous. You purchased the unit with a balcony, you should close with that balcony.

Isn't it something along the lines of exclusive use common area? I still agree though that it should be ready for use when you close, but it appears that many buildings it is not.

It's still ridiculous. You purchased the unit with a balcony, you should close with that balcony.

Of course it is. All installation work should be wrapped up. Only the deficiencies should be left. That's not the case when it comes to common areas and condo registration. I guess the buildings are just too large now that developer are given a bit of leeway.

Not quite. You purchased a unit with exclusive access to a balcony. You did not purchase that balcony. It's not yours so that access can also be removed (temporary) at a moment's notice at any time during the duration of your home ownership and there's nothing you can do about it.

Of course it is. All installation work should be wrapped up. Only the deficiencies should be left. That's not the case when it comes to common areas and condo registration. I guess the buildings are just too large now that developer are given a bit of leeway.

Not quite. You purchased a unit with exclusive access to a balcony. You did not purchase that balcony. It's not yours so that access can also be removed (temporary) at a moment's notice at any time during the duration of your home ownership and there's nothing you can do about it.

And I'm saying it is BS. I have purchased a lot of new condos. I have never had to CLOSE without use of my balcony. That is still ridiculous no matter the rules. Point is builders get way too much leeway. Also think the amenities should be finished too. Tridel and the Daniels of the world along with some other builders are able to deliver a fully finished building at occupancy and then we have builders struggling to do the same at closing. I don't like it.

Back