2.1K     4 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 883     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     0 

first time on a train

D

dan e 1980

yesterday happened to be my fist time on a train (excluding subway). i was on the subway and said "fug it". i wanna try the GO train. i went far out of my way and went down to union station via the subway, bought a ticket (trip not planned waited about 25 mins for train) and then hopped aboard the GO.

i just have to say i loved it. i have always watched trains go by and been fascinated by them but it is a whole different feel to actually be on one.

i can't believe how much space is in a rail car. two friggen floors! i have known that there were two floors but didn't imagine the space. it's a very comfortable ride, smooth.

riding the rails gives you a whole new prespective about toronto and lets you see it from a, well, different prespective. :)

and the price? wow! only $3.45 from union to weston, not even a dollar more than the TTC. the speed? double wow! it only took a few minutes! taking a taxi to commute between weston and union would have cost a pretty penny and some time but the train did it in no time and for a few dimes.

people take these things everyday to get around, here i am just doing it for the fun.

Yes they are quite nice, almost feels like you are floating on air, especially on the 2nd level. During rush hour though(especially on the Lakeshore lines) it isnt as comfortable because the trains are usually packed. Often, because the seats face each other, you end up beside grumpy people who just want to get home and not say a word so it can get kinda awkard.

copper, the train i was on was packed too. it's amazing how many people use them. i was too busy staring out the window . 8o

I was on the VIA from Kitchener to London, and it was very comfortable. Pretty fast too, at least a lot faster than taking the bus.

I love how I can read newspapers on a train or subway but seem to get motion-sick when I try to do the same on a bus or in a car.

I'm planning a 2 week train excursion in the North-East USA. I'm looking to travel from Washington to Boston and all cities in between. I want to ride as many commuter systems as possible (MARC, SEPTA, NJTransit, MBTA, Metro-North) and make up any gaps between time on Amtrak. Should be fun.

Someone should really make a show about commuters on a train. They could keep it topical by having them discuss current events, and even get newsmakers to appear.

Think of the ratings!

Basically I have nothing to add to this conversation and just wnated to be a dick. Interruption over.

The australian version, which we ripped off, was appearently really popular. I think ours was popular for the first week then people realized they could just get on a train and talk to ppl themselves.

you can't talk to people on the train. didn't they ever teach you in school that strangers are bad? and didn't you know that saying hello is not cool? it's bad enough that public transportation is for men who can never be a "true man".

come on man, where's your head?

;)

I think ours was popular for the first week then people realized they could just get on a train and talk to ppl themselves.

So true. People stopped rushing home from the train commute to watch a show about... a train commute.

Back