News   Sep 24, 2021
 1.2K     2 
News   Sep 24, 2021
 1.9K     3 
News   Sep 24, 2021
 1.9K     1 

First Step - Fire your property manager?

CarolBesler

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wonderful, never knew about it. I've requested to join!

I still like the idea of a chat area for networking, it's a bit more interactive I find. So I'll keep it up for a while, but if it doesn't take off after a while I can always shut it down.
Does anyone know of a listing of reviews of property managers in Toronto area?

An interesting read by Charles Hanes about the role of the service companies in new condos (i.e. the property manager, "concierge", etc...). What are people's opinions on this; Fear mongering or does he have a point?

http://www.simplycondos.com/market_today/2008/fire_property_manager.htm

An excert:
That link goes to 404 now. Does anyone know of a site or a link to something that includes reviews of property managers? We are looking to hire a new one and there isn't much info out there.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a listing of reviews of property managers in Toronto area?

That link goes to 404 now. Does anyone know of a site or a link to something that includes reviews of property managers? We are looking to hire a new one and there isn't much info out there.
I have never seen any published reviews of PM companies and you probably need to make some calls to other condos of about the same age, size and demographics. Some companies are better with larger well established buildings while other seem to do best with smaller ones. You need to remember too that property management has two components: the back-office functions and the actual Manager assigned to your building. In my opinion you can survive a less than perfect company if your Manager is OK but you should TRY to get both!

CarolBesler

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have never seen any published reviews of PM companies and you probably need to make some calls to other condos of about the same age, size and demographics. Some companies are better with larger well established buildings while other seem to do best with smaller ones. You need to remember too that property management has two components: the back-office functions and the actual Manager assigned to your building. In my opinion you can survive a less than perfect company if your Manager is OK but you should TRY to get both!
Any recommendations?