Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

No, it's not the air vents for the low level elevators I meant. Those have always been there. What I noticed were random spots where the sheet of marble is missing and has been replaced with what looks to me like sheet metal painted grey.

Thanks for the clarification Andrea. If that's the case, then, yikes! That's pretty pathetic!

Actually, if done properly, I'd imagine the Dalmation look could look kinda cool on FCP.

Yeah, but lest hope they use black and white granite instead of corrugated aluminium.

GB

I don't know if the OCAD look is appropriate for a landmark building symbolizing a great financial institution.

You can call me a "classicist" but that's how I feel.

Yeah, but lest hope they use black and white granite instead of corrugated aluminium.

Someone should do a shaded building. Start out fat and bright white at the bottom, and end up thin and black at the top. Several sets of minor setbacks with a gradual colour change. That tower would look very tall from the ground.

Perhaps it's a good thing I'm not in a position to make those types of decisions.

First Canadian Place rendering exercise?

Was it 3Dementia who (ages ago) did a nice rendering of a re-faced FCP? I thought it was awesome. Sections of the marble were replaced with reflective glass to match blue reflective windows. I thought it was a great way to modernize the design, and I'm guessing it would be cheaper than replacing all of the marble.

Re: First Canadian Place rendering exercise?

I always thought that would be a great idea amd solution. I'm sure they could sell the marble. I would buy some.

Just noticed on Sunday.. I looked up at the top of the west side of the building where the big M is and SEVERAL tiles were missing around the big M! I'm assuming they didn't come crashing down to the podium below (I'm sure it would have been on the news) and that they are replacing them.

The bank is changing its logo to "BMO". The new logo should be up in a month or so.

Are they putting up the same red and blue logo as the mockup they had on the north facade last year?

Sorry to post this prematurely because I have no exact details.

But months of harrassing Brookfield has yielded a promise of news about FCP in January. I don't know if this involves more than catching falling marble slabs, but it definitely will involve restoring the tower.

Of all the extraordinary projects in the city, a bleach job or re-cladding of FCP is one of the most interesting propositions for 2008.

Mods, feel free to move this if it is not worthy of a thread.

Thats great news! Maybe it will involve putting up the ex-metropolis hoarding around the sidewalk as a permanent installation to protect people from the falling slabs! That would be wonderful.

They should fill in all the missing slabs with asphalt, thereby making the tower a true icon of Toronto.

Back