News   Apr 24, 2024
 540     0 

Finding office space in Toronto

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm in the wrong Forum ...

I'm in the unusual position of having to find about a 1,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto somewhere (Yonge/University corridor, Eglinton to Queens Quay ... or east to Broadview/Portlands). And of course we are cheap ...

Somehow, I've got stuck with this task (perhaps because I'm the only one left ... we currently own about 30,000 square feet in North York, but we are downsizing, selling the building, and relocating to somewhere more central). We've got dozens of offices through North America, but the rest are very suburban and the staff responsible for this stuff are in non-urbanized areas in the USA, and I don't think they are tune with the local market.

Any suggestions on the best way to go about it, other than phoning lots of realtors who are renting, or retaining a realtor? Not sure the best approach in this day and age. Perhaps the realtor approach is best ...

I'm not even sure if most of the available space is listed commercially or not ... or where the best place to search is. Toronto Star? Craig's List?

A real estte agent would be the way to go. Their commission would be paid by the lessor (landlord).

Your search seems to be quite broad, and you may want to narrow it down a bit first.

Sorry if this sounds obvious, but get a lawyer to review your lease before signing it.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Yeah, we need to narrow it down. Ironically I did spend part of the afternoon wandering around, taking a note of the buildings with For Lease signs on.

Our legal and finance folks will be all over the technicalities ... no fear there.

Back