News   Apr 16, 2024
 97     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 661     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 469     3 

Finch West LRT East Extension

Creating this thread to discuss the Finch West LRT East Extension, and it's potential. Which has been identified as a "HIGH SCORING GROUP" by Metrolinx. https://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/p...220_BoardMtg_Advancing_Transit_Priorities.pdf
Interesting document. It's nice to have a bit more understanding of Metrolinx's planning approach and thoughts.

I like that Milton Line upgrade to 15 minute frequency is a priority, not that it gives me much faith there will be movement on it.

I find it curious that the only contemplated subway extension in the entire plan is Sheppard to Sheppard West. Interestingly, the Sheppard East extension to McCowan isn't even shown as a potential project, but shown in a grey line as 'part of existing, in delivery or advancing', which I take as even further confirmation that Sheppard East is happening. Stranger to me is that no extension of the OL is contemplated in the plan either on Don Mills or West from Exhibition. Is it just that ML doesn't want to step on provincial announcements? Or is subway planning purely political? Kind of odd to have a plan like this that doesn't contemplate future subway extensions that are at least plausible, such as OL North.

Interesting document. It's nice to have a bit more understanding of Metrolinx's planning approach and thoughts.

I like that Milton Line upgrade to 15 minute frequency is a priority, not that it gives me much faith there will be movement on it.

I find it curious that the only contemplated subway extension in the entire plan is Sheppard to Sheppard West. Interestingly, the Sheppard East extension to McCowan isn't even shown as a potential project, but shown in a grey line as 'part of existing, in delivery or advancing', which I take as even further confirmation that Sheppard East is happening. Stranger to me is that no extension of the OL is contemplated in the plan either on Don Mills or West from Exhibition. Is it just that ML doesn't want to step on provincial announcements? Or is subway planning purely political? Kind of odd to have a plan like this that doesn't contemplate future subway extensions that are at least plausible, such as OL North.
Eglinton should have been a subway. Because other than Eglinton and the OL, Line 1 North, Line 2 extension and Line 4 extensions there not much else to build a subway. But subways are so darn effective.

Haha, if that's the case, we should be able to build out the rest of our transit network (mostly BRT and priority bus) for maybe another $10B and call it a day. The GTA definitely needs some more fast connectors across the region.

Keep in mind, the government was crayoning a 'subway' along the 407 to the Airport (OL Loop idea). I think there are just components to the transit plan being left out of this planning exercise.

Just a reminder, this report is redundant as Metrolinx will updated it based on the 2051 GGH Regional Transportation Plan released earlier this year.
The report I posted is nary 3 years old yet. Why not post the report you found instead of saying its redundant?

All I can say is I hope this doesn't happen.

I'd much rather have the Sheppard subway go East.
I don't think extending Line 6 all the way to Yonge has any impact on whether Line 4 is extended into Scarborough.

The piece that Metrolinx proposed of Line 6 going from Yonge to Don Mills though I'd think was less likely.

All I can say is I hope this doesn't happen.

I'd much rather have the Sheppard subway go East.
Do you mean having Sheppard go West? Because there's no real overlap between a Line 6 extension to Yonge and a Line 4 extension to McCowan. Both of those projects can easily co-exist.

In terms of which line should bridge the gap between the arms of Line 1, I'd rather it be Sheppard, but ideally we should eventually do both lines to provide redundancy.

Back