News   Jul 24, 2024
 757     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Feedback wanted on Waterfront condos

Smileycelia

Member Bio
Reaction score
What do you all think of the below Waterfront condo areas?

Yonge and Lakeshore (18, 16, 12, and 10 Yonge)

York Street and Queen's Quay (8 York Street/218 Queen's Quay)

Mariner Terrace and Navy Wharf (35 Mariner Terrace)

Which areas is the best in your opinion? Good, bad, noisy, busy, convenient? Any thoughts out there? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Best Building - depends what you want

What do you all think of the below Waterfront condo areas?

Yonge and Lakeshore (18, 16, 12, and 10 Yonge)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

When I am out showing properties I always ask the Purchaser to read the Bulletin Boards that surround the mailbox.
Useful bits of local news; Pick up the dog poop rent a parking spot etc.
The Bulletin Board at Yonge and Lakeshore was chastising the FRAT house style parties that have been occuring on the open air terrance as blantant keggers and needed to be stopped.

I found it hillarious as the image of animal house flashed in my mind and I thought surely the building security must enforce the no party rules.

There are many buildings along the "waterfront" that have rooftop gardens and terraces .. How do other building treat this phenomena?

my advice is stay away from buildings that have really high rentals (investors) and close to universities or right on the subway line. if you don't want frat house partying every weekend and maybe even weekdays too LOL (Lots of noise, people yelling at all hours, loitering, and random people just coming and going constantly ..... aka buildings like Murano/Burano, Neo, Montage, even ARC has a really high percentage of rentals made to foreign students as it's right on the subway line. Some renters cram as many people as they can into units and the owners never find out, take over rooftop terraces and do a lot of overall damage to the buildings. If you're not living there then that doesn't matter, but it makes real owners who live there a living nightmare.

There a some nice ones on the "waterfront" but the ones further west are more quiet and civlized, but of course they are more expensive as well.

my advice is ....There a some nice ones on the "waterfront" but the ones further west are more quiet and civlized, but of course they are more expensive as well.

How much "further west" are you referring to? Do you mean waterfront condos towards Kipling?

Back