News   Apr 25, 2024
 90     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Feather Factory Lofts (Roncesvalles/Dundas, Plazacorp)

Gorgeous interior ductwork in these lofts, but the gas station across the street is being dug out--why?

My understanding is that by law, fueling stations must replace their underground components at certain intervals. This is probably the case here, it which the tanks are being replaced and the station rebuilt.

Brilliant

Great use of land, great location, and great price. The developer or reno company thought this one out brilliantly. Why you ask? Will I'll tell you why, No community consultation and minimal city counsel consultation. The developer thought this one out. Hopefully people can move in this fall.

It's so wonderful to see old buildings in this hood being renoed to keep the feel of the community instead of those developers trying to Manhattanise High Park.

feather factory

I was so curious about this bldg so I am happy to finally see some communication about the opening. Does anyone know what % has been sold? It's such a well kept secret. Strange.
As for the gas station across the road, it may be related to the other condo/loft that is under construction...a live/work building.

Does anyone know what % has been sold? It's such a well kept secret. Strange.
As for the gas station across the road, it may be related to the other condo/loft that is under construction...a live/work building.

0% has been sold since the grand opening is next weekend and there have been no sales yet. They are advertising Fall 2008 occupancy.

The ESSO gas station rebuilt is not associated with the Roncesvalles Loft development in any form whatsoever.

very cool that the sales office opens next weekend. I'm going to be totally swamped with the film fest so I won't be able to make it out but hopefully someone will check it out and post abt it. I wonder if it will sell fast. It looks gorgeous and the website says 'up to' 14.5 ceilings. I still find it weird that they built it without any presales. Hopefully for buyers it doesn't mean they cheaped out on finishes.

I think it's being dug out for a loft development. I forget the name of it but I have some pictures I can dig up later.

I was planning to go down with my real estate agent, and they told me that they are not co-operating with brokers.

I'm now left on my own and wondering what I can do so that I don't get taken advantage of. Any ideas? I'm wondering if I can't bypass this one by asking the seller's agent to represent me. Has anyone dealt with them (Brdlik) before?

If I can't get around this, I'm wondering if I should pass on this one. It just seems like too much of a risk now (i.e., not having any representation).

I was planning to go down with my real estate agent, and they told me that they are not co-operating with brokers.

I'm now left on my own and wondering what I can do so that I don't get taken advantage of. Any ideas? I'm wondering if I can't bypass this one by asking the seller's agent to represent me. Has anyone dealt with them (Brdlik) before?

If I can't get around this, I'm wondering if I should pass on this one. It just seems like too much of a risk now (i.e., not having any representation).

ADMC,

I faced a similar situation during the opening of the Church Lofts where
the exclusive broker refused to co-operate with any agents. My agent still
went down to the opening with me, gave me great advice and left it up
to me to make my decision. I ended up buying into 60 lofts instead, but
the point is that a good agent will shepherd his client through the process
of decision making even if one of the prospective sellers may not co-operate
with him. I suggest that you should go to the opening and get as much information as you can on the project, ask your agent for his advice if you
require it, and make your own decision. The reason the Feather Factory project is not co-operating is because they're assured of a highly successful opening and don't want to dole out the additional commission (which is fair enough).

Good luck!

anyone else check this out? i went by quite early on saturday and a large number of units had sold already.

the units had lots of original details, the exposed brick walls were nice in some units but other units had the grey cinderblock brick which isnt as attractive as the red brick in the other units.

The corner units were great with all the windows. The grey exposed brick was not nice at all. Was not a fan of the laminate flooring either. The high ceilings in the penthouses were great as well. There were about 14 units remaining when I looked at the sales board.

Some of the units were quite nice (most, however, were tiny!), but my real estate agent told me that it wouldn't be a good buy. According to her, that area is going to see little future development (property values won't increase by much, if any), the units were priced quite high (one of the units I was interested in was going for $460/sq ft), and there are similar properties available that are closer to downtown. Added to that, there's no parking.

I was really hoping my agent was going to say otherwise, because I love the Roncesvalles strip and could imagine myself living there. Oh well, looks like my search continues.

Back