News   Apr 18, 2024
 526     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

Farm Boy (1015 Lake Shore Blvd E., 1s, McRobie)

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New farm boy location on one of the Canadian Tire parking lots along Lake Shore East. They filed for site plan a few years ago with this as a sportchek, but has since changed.

Farm Boy Site PLan.JPG
Farm Boy.JPG

Attachments

• Farm Boy Site PLan.JPG
    Farm Boy Site PLan.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 3,072
  • Farm Boy.JPG
    Farm Boy.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 2,668
Grocery store corner over there

New farm boy location on one of the Canadian Tire parking lots along Lake Shore East. They filed for site plan a few years ago with this as a sportchek, but has since changed.

View attachment 134455 View attachment 134456

Convenient for east-end drivers, not a nice spot to walk to or for transit riders.

I'm surprised they think they can do w/o that much parking on the site.

They would share parking with Canadian tire - There is a lot of underutilized parking on that lot already. The spot this is on and the south end of the lot is almost always empty. The only really busy spots are the ones directly under Canadian Tire.

I am very happy by this news. A Farm Boy in my end of town!

The proposed building sucks, however. How much do you want to bet that Lake Shore entrance is always locked and the street-facing windows are covered in window film. And the City will do d*ck all to address those issues during the site plan approval process.

I am very happy by this news. A Farm Boy in my end of town!

The proposed building sucks, however. How much do you want to bet that Lake Shore entrance is always locked and the street-facing windows are covered in window film. And the City will do d*ck all to address those issues during the site plan approval process.

I think it is an emergency exit.

AoD

No different to the Shoppers then

Well, I wish it were more conveniently located for me -- and I have wheels. I'd be all over it if it were. From my POV, the only people who would get much out of it are drivers who pass it en route, especially at dinner time from downtown. I suspect that many Leslieville types, especially the condo folks, don't have cars. One nice thing about Canadian Tire that works for non-drivers is that you can walk your dog, killing two birds with one stone, and bring it into the store. I can't see that happening here and I'b be concerned leaving my dog tied up and unattended in the middle of a parking lot where a fast getaway by a thief is possible.

Well, I wish it were more conveniently located for me -- and I have wheels. I'd be all over it if it were. From my POV, the only people who would get much out of it are drivers who pass it en route, especially at dinner time from downtown. I suspect that many Leslieville types, especially the condo folks, don't have cars. One nice thing about Canadian Tire that works for non-drivers is that you can walk your dog, killing two birds with one stone, and bring it into the store. I can't see that happening here and I'b be concerned leaving my dog tied up and unattended in the middle of a parking lot where a fast getaway by a thief is possible.

I don't know. I live just north of the Danforth, a few blocks west of Pape, and I don't find that centre inconvenient. It's my Canadian Tire of choice, for those times I do go to Canadian Tire. It's not that much of a walk from large swathes of Riverside and Leslieville, but then I am a walker so perhaps I am willing to walk further than a number of folks.

Farm Boy is, unfortunately, a suburban retailer. Surprised they are even venturing this close to central Toronto before first populating more of the suburbs with stores. This is their model. They are tipping their toes in the water with more urban format stores, with their first being a small store in the Rideau Centre in Ottawa, but it will be awhile before we see a Farm Boy on, say, the Danforth. Sadly. (I would have loved a Farm Boy at that old car dealership site on Broadview, as unrealistic a hope as that is).

By law, I don't think Farm Boy can allow dogs (other than service dogs). But I agree with you about leaving a dog tied up and unattended. I can't believe some people still do that in this day and age.

Back